Aguero vs Higuain

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atletico Madrid are convinced they will sell Sergio Aguero to Chelsea in the coming days.

The Daily Star says Chelsea are closing in on a £40m deal to sign Argentina superstar Aguero – the player they regard as the best forward in the world.

Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon has been working on a package for the past two weeks aimed at taking the 21-year-old Atletico Madrid striker to Stamford Bridge.

Sources in Spain suggest the two clubs are on the brink of agreeing terms for Aguero, who scored 17 goals in 34 appearances last season.

A move could be finalised within the next 10 days.

One problem could be the wage demands by Aguero's advisors with suggestions, with suggestions the forward wants £160,000 AFTER tax.

Chelsea would be unwilling to go to anything more than £110,000-a-week before tax, but officials in Madrid are confident any disagreements can be resolved.

http://www.tribalfoo...-chelsea-249848

Sorry mate was posted in 2009. Peter Kenyon was still around then :P

Atletico Madrid and Argentina striker Sergio Aguero has been quoted as saying that a potential move to Chelsea would be "of interest" to him.

The 22-year-old has been repeatedly linked with the Blues in recent months and would cost in the region of £25million should he make the switch from the Vicente Calderon to Stamford Bridge.

In the Daily Star, Aguero is reported to have said: "If an offer comes in from the right club and Atletico feels it is the right price, then a deal can be done.

"Of course Chelsea is of interest to me as they are one of the most powerful teams in European football.

"They show their intent summer after summer in the transfer market and more often than not that intent will see them end the season with at least one trophy.

"What I need to consider is where I can win things and I know for sure I can win things at Chelsea.

"You look at their players and you are excited about any future you may have there.

"To be the strike partner of Didier Drogba is a thing many players would love to be.

"But it's not just Drogba - it's Lampard, Terry, Anelka, Essien, and maybe even Fernando Torres.

"They have quality players everywhere."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/7555/6257578/Aguero-talks-up-Chelsea-chances

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You