Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

I thought the same, but I think the problem is with their coach.

They started against Bolivia with 3 defensive midfielders !!!! Di Maria was on the bench and Cambiasso was playing...and Aguero was on the bench and Lavezzi ( Jesus, that man is really awful) was playing.

Argentineans cant even produce decent managers, thats why Maradona was their coach in last WC. Which is laughable.

:lol:

You're right to be honest. Argentina needs a better coach, they have great attacking potential which isn't being exploited properly. They expect Messi will just carry the whole team and play like he does for Barcelona.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that is what everyone thought about Torres, just cause he played in a competitive league, and so far is the biggest flop!

50 mill on Pastore is less of a risk then Torres.

I accidentally -repped you here, meant to click reply. :lol: Someone will put that right ;)

But I disagree. You can't judge Torres on ten starts. Judge him after a full season.

Guest justin_3d

I accidentally -repped you here, meant to click reply. :lol: Someone will put that right ;)

But I disagree. You can't judge Torres on ten starts. Judge him after a full season.

Will do

That's why I don't fall kindly to January transfers. Martin O'Neill a few years ago touched on the fact that the January transfer window should be abolished. Well, I partly agree with this because I don't think it's fair to unsettle top quality players during the middle of the season, especially if you're trying to sign a highly expensive player, and you run the risk of not seeing the best out of them.

Having said that, you can't expect a player like Torres to walk into a club, that use a completely different system to what he was used to at Liverpool and expect to bang them in. These take time to adjust themselves. Next Season, hopefully we will see the best of Torres because Boas will use him in the right way. A playmaker is absolutely imperative to sign in this transfer window.

The only player I can see offering Torres the freedom in attack is Benayoun. If you watch the highlights of last season's home game against West Ham match again, you'll see that it was him that was feeding the balls into Torres just like he used to do at Liverpool. Torres could have easily got 2 in that game just on the strength of there being a playmaker in the squad. I'm not saying Gerrard is a playmaker (more likely to be an enforcer in the centre of midfield) but we need to bring in someone who has the quality and the morale to provide the ball for Torres when he most needs it. Modric, Pastore or my 1st choice Moutinho are the best choices. I choose Moutinho because Boas knows how to use him. You can't see more fairer results than the fact that Boas won 3 trophies with Porto in that season.

Guest justin_3d

That's why I don't fall kindly to January transfers. Martin O'Neill a few years ago touched on the fact that the January transfer window should be abolished. Well, I partly agree with this because I don't think it's fair to unsettle top quality players during the middle of the season, especially if you're trying to sign a highly expensive player, and you run the risk of not seeing the best out of them.

Having said that, you can't expect a player like Torres to walk into a club, that use a completely different system to what he was used to at Liverpool and expect to bang them in. These take time to adjust themselves. Next Season, hopefully we will see the best of Torres because Boas will use him in the right way. A playmaker is absolutely imperative to sign in this transfer window.

The only player I can see offering Torres the freedom in attack is Benayoun. If you watch the highlights of last season's home game against West Ham match again, you'll see that it was him that was feeding the balls into Torres just like he used to do at Liverpool. Torres could have easily got 2 in that game just on the strength of there being a playmaker in the squad. I'm not saying Gerrard is a playmaker (more likely to be an enforcer in the centre of midfield) but we need to bring in someone who has the quality and the morale to provide the ball for Torres when he most needs it. Modric, Pastore or my 1st choice Moutinho are the best choices. I choose Moutinho because Boas knows how to use him. You can't see more fairer results than the fact that Boas won 3 trophies with Porto in that season.

Suarez, and Bent who cost less had a bigger impact then Torres, in a far lower team then Chelsea...

Guest justin_3d

So was Suarez and Bent for cheaper price...

Heck even Adebayor had a better impact in Madrid

Guest justin_3d

BS as Real Madrid got Ozil, Sahin and Kaka.

Only Malaga would pay, because they are following in the steps of Chelsea and City.

I would say the owner is getting scared as he won't get nobody to buy his player for that price other then Malaga.

Chelsea and United are the ones that would need him, but are going for cheaper price in Nasri and Modric.

BS as Real Madrid got Ozil, Sahin and Kaka.

Only Malaga would pay, because they are following in the steps of Chelsea and City.

Surely you of all people know the spending habits of Mourinho.

Of course he has Ozil, Sahin and Kaka but that doesn't mean he'd stop there when it comes to midfield play. I'm sure they'd easily want to sell Kaka if they can land Pastore.

Guest justin_3d

Surely you of all people know the spending habits of Mourinho.

Of course he has Ozil, Sahin and Kaka but that doesn't mean he'd stop there when it comes to midfield play. I'm sure they'd easily want to sell Kaka if they can land Pastore.

And it is why I am happy that man is not in our club.

All he can do is spend, and spend, without giving much chance to youth from the academy.

I hope AVB does not fall under that same route.

I thought the same, but I think the problem is with their coach.

They started against Bolivia with 3 defensive midfielders !!!! Di Maria was on the bench and Cambiasso was playing...and Aguero was on the bench and Lavezzi ( Jesus, that man is really awful) was playing.

Argentineans cant even produce decent managers, thats why Maradona was their coach in last WC. Which is laughable.

That's not the reason he isn't playing. He's started some games but didn't perform well.

50 mil for Pastore is ridiculous as he's all potential now.

Guest justin_3d

That's not the reason he isn't playing. He's started some games but didn't perform well.

50 mil for Pastore is ridiculous as he's all potential now.

Well i believe he is right. Brazil and Argentina coaches are ridiculous.

The ones that i see as better then these two clowns are the Paraguayan and Uruguayan coaches.

They are not top coaches, but surely much better then those jokers.

Well i believe he is right. Brazil and Argentina coaches are ridiculous.

The ones that i see as better then these two clowns are the Paraguayan and Uruguayan coaches.

They are not top coaches, but surely much better then those jokers.

This isn't about how good of a coach Batista's is though. Henrique assumed the reason for Pastore not playing was because of the coach, which is not true. Pastore got his chance but didn't perform. Banega did a lot better and that's why he's playing.

Guest justin_3d

This isn't about how good of a coach Batista's is though. Henrique assumed the reason for Pastore not playing was because of the coach, which is not true. Pastore got his chance but didn't perform. Banega did a lot better and that's why he's playing.

Oh ok.

And yeah Banega is not bad.

He is far cheaper then Pastore.

I think he plays more of a Pirlo role though.