Lampard Eager To Join The 100 Club At Chelsea

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea lets just hope he stays focused and just go for the golas when the right oppertunity comes up not just start shooting every time he has a bit of space and someone is open.. but i dont think he would do that anywayz :lol:

Going into tomorrow's Boxing Day clash with Aston Villa, midfielder Frank Lampard will be looking to grab his 100th goal for the club...

Since joining Chelsea, Frank Lampard has made his name as one of the most prolific midfielders in the world, breaking the 20 goal barrier in consecutive seasons.

Praise has turned to criticism and then back to praise again - what remains constant is the stem of goals from the former West Ham United man. Going into tomorrow's fixture hosting Aston Villa, Lampard will have extra incentive to hit the back of the net, as his next strike will be his 100th for the club.

“I thought I had that 100th goal twice at Blackburn,” said Lampard. “The first one I was certain it was in because I hit it well and he just got the touch to turn it against the post. Brad Friedel’s done that to me many a time.

"I’d have loved to have done it in front of our travelling fans but maybe it is just fate and it’s waiting for me at Stamford Bridge against Villa.

“It would be great to do it in front of our own fans and special for me. Not that I didn’t want to do it at Blackburn, but because of the relationship I have with them I’d love to do it in front of 40,000 at our place. If I can do it then it will be a moment I will cherish for ever.”

Déjà vu

The England international went on to address the growing injury list at Stamford Bridge, with particular mention to the injuries to goalkeeper Petr Cech and skipper John Terry. The two of them were out for lengthy periods last season and were seen as crucial absentees in the Blues' failed title bid last year.

“There are parallels,” Lampard said of the injury problems. “But to be fair in terms of John in particular, we didn’t have cover for him last year and had to play Michael Essien at centre half and out of midfield.

"It made us weaker in midfield and while he did really well he’s not a centre back. This year we’ve got players who can come in and cover that.”

There is a more optimistic outlook, then, than there was last year, with Chelsea looking to climb two places back to the top spot they will feel is rightfully theirs.

Chelsea kick off against Aston Villa on December 26th at 1300 GMT.

www.goal.com