Witsel breaks Wasilewski's Leg

Kajo

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it won't end his career and that he recovers well.

Oh my Jesus Christ. That's disgusting. Just one of those unfortunate tackles where you go for the ball but end up taking the player's leg out.

I don't think it's an unfortunate tackle if you watch the slow motion replay. The guy in red actually stomped on the opponent's leg and it snapped like a twig. I might even go as far as saying he did it on purpose. :thumbsdown:

I agree i think he went for the player on purpose but i do no think he intended to snap his leg.

He shouldn't have gone for it on purpose in the first place, not when he knew he could jump over. Reminds me of what Stephen Hunt did to Cech. :angry:

The Sports Committee suspended Axel Witsel until November 23. This means he'll miss 10 league games and one Cup match. The UEFA and FIFA will be informed of the punishment. He also has to pay a fine of 2500 euro.

Witsel can go into higher appeal until Thursday. In that case, his case will be re-examined on Friday. 

Last Sunday, Anderlecht-Standard ended in a battle. After an intentional attack of Standard player De Camargo on Polak (which left him with torn ligaments), Witsel brutally tackled Wasilewksi. The Polish Anderlecht defender suffered a double open leg fracture. Later in the game, Defour assaulted Anderlecht midfielder Boussoufa.

When Witsel was brought into the buildings of the Football Organisation, hundreds of football fans awaited him. Some were yelling "killer". He was protected by twenty police officers.

That is a horrific injury and a horrific tackle also. Look at that tackle you would have to say that he either deliberately went in to catch the player (other than Roy Keane i find it hard to believe any player would go into any tackle to seriously injure another player) or it is a very stupid accident, either way it was bloody dangerous.