Adam Sandler cheers on Chelsea - at Fulham!

the wes

Hollywood star Adam Sandler saw his first football game when attending Chelsea's win over Fulham.

"My friend opened the newspaper and saw an ad for the game," explainedSandler on local London radio. "He said 'do you want to go to a soccergame', I said 'yeah that's a great idea, I've never been to one'.

"So we all went there and they were really nice, we were at Fulham v Chelsea and it was at an old-style venue [Craven Cottage]. We sat in the Chelsea section and the tunes were rocking!

"I couldn't believe how great everyone was singing, on key. It was rough men singing gently."

Despite being the only non-vocal man in the away end, Sandlerseemed to go unnoticed as he watched the Blues break our neighboursdown.

"Not a soul saw me, although I stood out a bit. I was the onlyone not singing and the only one wearing a baseball hat; there wasn't asingle baseball hat in the crowd."

After such a successful initiation to the country's number onegame, the star of films including Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, Mr. Deedsand Anger Management is now keen to discover more about the Blues andthe Barclays Premier League.

"It was an excellent experience; I want to learn more and more. I keptasking questions, 'how many teams are in the League?', 'how manygames?', until I was told to shut up!"

tribalfootball.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic