Obafemi Martins

thejolta

He's a great player to watch with remarkable pace and strength. He will undoubtedly inject some pace into our attack. He's going to be sold cheaply (9mill tops). He's either 24 or 27 ^_^ . He's be an amazing super sub for Anelka/Drogba. He's got a great leg and an incredibly powerful shot.

Only drawback I see is his ties to the African Cup of Nations.

I just don't see why we wouldn't want to give Obafemi a shot. Give me a reason?

Edited by Elliott

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because he has failed in the premiership, and their is sooo many better strikers.

he's the definition of average

ok for a small club but not Chelsea fc..

as long as we are a big club Benzema, tevez, pato will be the targets.

i dont agree with u. at Chelsea the case will be the different because see what hapnd when anelka joined us from bolton (its true that he has proved his ability) before joining us his goal tally for the last season was 12 (bolton 10 plus Chelsea 2) and now he has scored more than 20 goals. i think the same will happen with martins as he dont get the passes too often and when he will be at Chelsea he cwn get the ball after every 3 or 5 minutes. and with his pace and power and finishing ability i m sure he will also score lot of goals. and as jolta said he will be available for low price. and the main thing he is just 24 years old (not 27).

because he has failed in the premiership, and their is sooo many better strikers.

Hate to burst your bubble but Benzema is all but locked up to Manchester United, Tevez to City, and Pato is currently chained to a metal pipe in Leonardo's crawlspace. Should be interesting to see what players we make a push for once Carlo takes over though. Anyone know when he's taking over? Is it July 1st?

I think that Martins can be good, he was great in Inter Milan(big club) when he was young young so he can do it now at Chelsea.....and he has some Premiership abillities and expirience of course....!

I bet if he joined a top 4 club he would excell more as a player, and because there is tough competition in attack, he will want to work harder. At Newcastle, there was hardly any competition since it was only him, Michael Owen and Mark Viduka at the club. Working with better players could enhance his abilities.

He'd be great at Arsenal, I think. Their style of football; one-, two-touch passing football would benefit him, as he likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender. He's physically imposing and very fast, but they are both attributes we have in the likes of DD11, Anelka and Kalou.

Sorry to say but Benzema has been mobbed by the scums at Madrid.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You