Jonjo Shelvey

Tomlewis7

Chelsea have joined the race to sign Jonjo Shelvey, skysports.com understands.

The Charlton Athletic midfielder is still only 17, but he featured regularly for The Addicks last season.

A host of clubs have watched the England youth star in action, but it was Tottenham and West Ham who appeared to be leading the chase.

However, it is now believed that Chelsea have entered the chase and made their interest known.

It is understood Chelsea would be more than willing to allow Shelbey to return to The Valley on loan - something which appeals to the relegated Addicks.

Indeed Shelvey could remain at Charlton for a couple of years before linking up with Chelsea.

The Blues are understood to be keen to bolster their squad with young English talent and Shelvey certainly comes into that category.

---------------------------------------------

I personally think this would be a fantastic idea and i hope to see it happen. This would suggest a move in the right direction for young English football and for Chelsea FC

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea well that problem is not to join battle for them...

The problem is belive that one day one of this young kits will be the nex.... Ribery or Kaka or CR...

No are not so lucky in that deparment

I hope this is the one!!

This guy is a real talent. I'm not the biggest fan of the Championship, but from what I saw of it last season and of Charlton, Shelvey impressed me. There's also a lot of talk about how he has been one of the most consistent young players in that particular division, which is also something that suggests this would be a great move. Loaning him back to Charlton for a year or two as well would benefit both clubs.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/category/clubs/Chelsea

Chelsea are serious about signing Charlton Athletic winger Jonjo Shelvey.

Addicks management rubbished reports of interest in the teenager midfielder last week.

However, the News of the World says Shelvey is a top target for Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You