The Special One won't be back

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;"> </h2>

<h2 style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;" class="padding-bottom-7">Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has told the club's fans to forget about Jose Mourinho returning as manager. </h2> Mourinho led the Blues to two Premier League titles, two Carling Cups and the FA Cup before his shock departure in September 2007.

His replacement Avram Grant was sacked despite reaching the Champions League final, while Phil Scolari was axed earlier this season after failing to deliver the attacking football owner Roman Abramovich craves.

Guus Hiddink is currently enjoying success during his short-term role as boss but is due to resume his full-time position as Russia's coach this summer.

And Buck insists Mourinho will not be the man chosen to replace the Dutchman.

He said: "My honest answer is that I don't think it [Mourinho's return] is likely to happen.

"Jose was a great coach and a great guy but I think his time at Chelsea has passed."

Buck also claims the Blues did not sack the most successful manager in the club's history.

He added: "We didn't fire Jose — it was mutual that he left.

"There is not much more we can say than in 2007. The board and Jose were not seeing eye-to-eye on a number of things and it was time we parted company.

"We have great respect, obviously, for what he did for Chelsea and we are on great terms with him.

"He is a great guy and he did great things for the club.

"But Jose, the board and Roman decided it was time for him to leave."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we aint gonna get Jose back then we have to do our best to keep hold of hiddink, sometimes seems like the club is trying to destroy itself!

I am worried as well about the future when Guus leaves (and he will) but i don't think it means we will destroy ourselves.

There are some coaches who would keep us around the top, imo.

We have talent & money to compete for the forseeable future