Chelsea chief exec set for Man City?

the wes

I cant talk about him without insulting him :lol: Read the article and if that one doesn't cover it, this one might.

Of course, the Robinho saga seems to be only reason. I don't see how a single mistake can make him not good enough for us or anyone else. A mistake that might not even be his fault at all.

It's very possible Roman didn't want to pay more for Robinho. Or that the Man Utd owner back then told him to reduce the Ronaldinho bid by 1 million.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not suggesting whatever he'd done before he'd come to Chelsea was of no consequence, because despite Manchester United being his first job at a football club, he'd managed to secure the club some very lucrative sponsorship deals as well as being involved in the signing of players such as Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Rio Ferdinand. Rumour has it he even played a major part when it came to twisting Ferguson's arm to delay his retirement. But how much could you trust a born and bred man whose professed 'loyalty' to the club he was supposedly a lifelong supporter of was so easily bought?

He got us the Samsung sponsorship, Michael Essien, Ricardo Carvalho, Arjen Robben, Nicolas Anelka, etc.

Anyway, sadly for Chelsea, the decision was made, Kenyon arrived in February 2004 and the question of trust was soon answered with him twisting the knife firmly in Ranieri's back whilst courting Sven-Goran Eriksson. This, in turn, was warmly received by the home crowd, who treated him to a rendition of "Stand up if you hate Kenyon! Stand up if you hate Kenyon!" - which he obviously enjoyed because he then went on to pull stunts like inviting Arsenal players out for meals until they became ex-Arsenal players – all in the name of commercial income obviously.

Has he made the same mistake again after the Ashley saga?

Marketing the 'brand' of Chelsea with meaningless tours to 'broaden the fanbase' and take Chelsea 'global'.

Well, then it's not meaningless with that goal in mind IMO...

Whatever happened to preseason games you could realistically attend? What happened to season tickets with domestic cups as part of the package? Peter Kenyon happened. Never mind the loyal fanbase if you can pick up a few stragglers in Asia or bring in a few fly-by-nights for a cup game, eh Peter?

Roman wanting his club to profit and become big also happen, I'd say.

With the sort of condescension that'd push a nun to commit GBH, he says "Other teams in England should be knocking on our door, teams like Tottenham, Newcastle, Villa, Everton, it's more about them getting their houses in order rather than us coming down to their level."

And yet, it's true. You'd expect that with the money we've spent but I agree he should be more humble.

Is he honestly suggesting the fact that Chelsea are £578 million in debt, to one man, entitles him to brag? Or the fact that we can 'afford' to shell out ridiculous sums of money, not only for the big time Charlies who demand £150,000 a week until they get their pension (chip off the old block with that sort of loyalty eh?) but also for players who wouldn't even recognise the inside of Stamford Bridge? Then again, maybe it's because he knows we'll be self-sufficient by 2010?!

Those debts were mostly spent for buying players, which won us 2 titles and a few cups. Besides, how can a club be indebted to its owner?

Edited by .Biru

Yes he got the Samsung deal but seeing as he's paid some ridiculous amount of money to specifically do that, forgive me if I don't pat him on the back for that. How long did he get us Robben for? and I'd suggest calibre players like Essien and Carvalho would've come at that time irrespective of who the chief exec was. No brownie points for that.

Has he made the same mistake since Ashley Cole - er yes, Robinho.

Trying to broaden a fanbase by selling a few shirts in the Outer Hebrides and dragging our players halfway round the world on tours that knacker them before a season has even started, not to mention stopping bread and butter supporters from getting to pre-season games, is completely meaningless imo. Have Chelsea become bigger? No. Has Roman profited? No.

The fact is, he’s supposedly a ‘diehard United fan’ who was bought off pretty easily and if that didn’t show him up for the two-faced arsehole he is, then his part in Ranieri’s sacking did.

He couldn’t give a toss about Chelsea supporters and continually demonstrates that not just by his actions but when he opens that fat mouth of his.

The Robinho deal was just one of the many embarrassments he’s brought on us as a result of his arrogant bragging – will we ever live down his ‘promise’ of making us self-sufficient by next year? Well it aint gonna happen, so that’ll be a no then.

Has he done a good job? I don't think so.

How about selling Robben for 24 million...? Did you in your wildest of dreams imagine that a player who spends most of the season in treatment room would be sold for that? How bout the deal with Cech? Ofcourse, there are others like Essien, Carvalho, but you refuse to give him credit.

Trying to broaden a fanbase by selling a few shirts in the Outer Hebrides and dragging our players halfway round the world on tours that knacker them before a season has even started, not to mention stopping bread and butter supporters from getting to pre-season games, is completely meaningless imo. Have Chelsea become bigger? No. Has Roman profited? No.

Sorry, but that shows how blinded you are with your hatred toawrds Kenyon. Firstly, Chelsea will become big not by having Local fans flocking the preseason games. Get that straight. Compare Chelsea now and 5 yrs back. Globally theres a bigger fan base which brings a bigger revenue to the club. Having preseason games at SW6 for Having local fans crying for lowered ticket rates would send the Club to the Dogs considering the loan we have receieved from Roamn. Look at Milan ,Barcelona, Man Utd and others. They have their teams going around the world in Pre Seasons and look at the support they have garnered. To see our club do that only in last 6 yrs and to see the amount of global fan base and revenue we Generated, in such short time. Hats off To Kenyon.

The fact is, he's supposedly a 'diehard United fan' who was bought off pretty easily and if that didn't show him up for the two-faced arsehole he is, then his part in Ranieri's sacking did.

Now I know why all the hatred.

Roman pulls the strings, I thought you knew that. Even during Jose's sacking, Kenyon said that Jose's position is safe and then Roman fired him. Again, All the big decisions are taken by the OWNER AT OUR CLUB.

He couldn't give a toss about Chelsea supporters and continually demonstrates that not just by his actions but when he opens that fat mouth of his.

OK....Ticket prices are an issue, which need to be dealt with.

The Robinho deal was just one of the many embarrassments he's brought on us as a result of his arrogant bragging – will we ever live down his 'promise' of making us self-sufficient by next year? Well it aint gonna happen, so that'll be a no then.

Firstly, the Robinho deal wasnt HIS mistake. Those cunts at the Megastore printed them while he was in Madrid settling a deal.

And hell yeah woman. He would have lived up to his promise of making the club self sufficient had it not been for our Owners tinkering with the management. 24million+7.5 million spent on managerial changes in last yr and a half. Thats ridiculous. But still, Kenyon did a FANTASTIC job to get us close to the target set 6 yrs back.

MOST of US think otherwise when you see our finances over last 6 yrs.

Ken Bates said the problem with Abramovich is that he knows nothing about football. A bit short of the mark but not far off.

The problem with Abramovich is that he has surrounded himself with Yes men, who like himself know little about football. Chelsea Football Clubs chairman is his lawyer. Green, Tenebaum, Buck are all matey jews together.

Peter ''Grant is taking us to the next level '' Kenyon has his tongue constantly round Romans ringpiece. ''Grant has signed for four years why would he be sacked ?'' he said before sacking him a month later.

Yes I was one of the thousands in the MHL who sang ''Stand up if you hate kenyon'' after Ranieris sacking, and various other times.

Fans in far flung places who have never been to Stamford Bridge may like him, because they wouldnt have heard of Chelsea without his aggressive marketing, and have a lovely Made in China replica shirt.

From his smug walking up the steps in the Luzikni Stadium to quickly get a Champions League medal whilst the players were so depressed, to his deaf ears to all fans needs, I despise him.

Do not have any illusions he has Chelsea at heart. When/if Abramovich sells, guaranteed Kenyon will be ther toadying up to him to syphon a few more million quid out of the deal for himself, before he slimes of to sell some sub- prime.....

Yes he got the Samsung deal but seeing as he's paid some ridiculous amount of money to specifically do that, forgive me if I don't pat him on the back for that. How long did he get us Robben for? and I'd suggest calibre players like Essien and Carvalho would've come at that time irrespective of who the chief exec was. No brownie points for that.

Has he made the same mistake since Ashley Cole - er yes, Robinho.

The fact is, he's supposedly a 'diehard United fan' who was bought off pretty easily and if that didn't show him up for the two-faced arsehole he is, then his part in Ranieri's sacking did.

He couldn't give a toss about Chelsea supporters and continually demonstrates that not just by his actions but when he opens that fat mouth of his.

The Robinho deal was just one of the many embarrassments he's brought on us as a result of his arrogant bragging – will we ever live down his 'promise' of making us self-sufficient by next year? Well it aint gonna happen, so that'll be a no then.

Peter kenyon has consistently improved our loss margin over the last few years. If it was not for the huge pay outs we have payed for mourinho grant and scolari, it would have looked much better this season. Please name on person who can market a club like kenyon can look what he did at man utd !

Ken Bates said the problem with Abramovich is that he knows nothing about football. A bit short of the mark but not far off.

The problem with Abramovich is that he has surrounded himself with Yes men, who like himself know little about football. Chelsea Football Clubs chairman is his lawyer. Green, Tenebaum, Buck are all matey jews together.

Peter ''Grant is taking us to the next level '' Kenyon has his tongue constantly round Romans ringpiece. ''Grant has signed for four years why would he be sacked ?'' he said before sacking him a month later.

Yes I was one of the thousands in the MHL who sang ''Stand up if you hate kenyon'' after Ranieris sacking, and various other times.

Fans in far flung places who have never been to Stamford Bridge may like him, because they wouldnt have heard of Chelsea without his aggressive marketing, and have a lovely Made in China replica shirt.

From his smug walking up the steps in the Luzikni Stadium to quickly get a Champions League medal whilst the players were so depressed, to his deaf ears to all fans needs, I despise him.

Do not have any illusions he has Chelsea at heart. When/if Abramovich sells, guaranteed Kenyon will be ther toadying up to him to syphon a few more million quid out of the deal for himself, before he slimes of to sell some sub- prime.....

Out of the whole thread, that's the post I have the most respect for. Maybe the reason the longer term supporters despise Kenyon so much is because we don't regard our club as a mere commodity and ourselves as clients/customers or whatever word Gollum chooses to label us with this week?

Roman refusing to shell out has a lot to do with why our loss margin has come down - has Kenyon got the balls to tell him we cant keep selling and need to maybe invest a little more to compete with the club he apparently loves? Of course he hasn't.

And no Warnie, its not Sunday League I want, just loyal supporters getting a bit o recognition from the club rather than Kenyon trying to get a few more fly-by-nights in far flung countries. And as for comparing that with Milan, Barca and United, do me a favour. If you honestly think he could ever make us as big a club as them youre as deluded as he is.

He works for us, do you expect him to show support for another club? I can just imagine the slagging he'd get for doing that. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Out of the whole thread, that's the post I have the most respect for. Maybe the reason the longer term supporters despise Kenyon so much is because we don't regard our club as a mere commodity and ourselves as clients/customers or whatever word Gollum chooses to label us with this week?

Roman refusing to shell out has a lot to do with why our loss margin has come down - has Kenyon got the balls to tell him we cant keep selling and need to maybe invest a little more to compete with the club he apparently loves? Of course he hasn't.

And no Warnie, its not Sunday League I want, just loyal supporters getting a bit o recognition from the club rather than Kenyon trying to get a few more fly-by-nights in far flung countries. And as for comparing that with Milan, Barca and United, do me a favour. If you honestly think he could ever make us as big a club as them youre as deluded as he is.

So you know it's not Kenyon's advising Roman to stop shelling out? For certain?

You mocked his saying we can break even by 2010 and yet you want him not to tour the club to far-flung places. Can't have one without the other IMO.

He is a smug alright. But he does his job pretty damn well. Its not necessary to have a chairman who supports the club. Look at the Liverpool Chairman, Parry, he is such a dick. No Liverpool fan loves him, still he refuses to fuck off cus he loves the club. But the Club isnt doing great financially.

I dont care if Kenyon leaves, we pay him to do something and he does it well, and thats what we care unlike Parry who is still with Liverpool doing fuckall for the club.

Since there are soo many assumptions about him being behind some of the bad decisions the club has made, How bout I tell you that it was HE who advised Roman to convert 50% of the loan to shares of the Club. You never know. After all, he looks after our finances.

P.S: As a person I dont like him. He looks Evil, his smile is devilish, what he did after the UCL final was ridiculous, but he does his job and thats all I care.

So you Expect Roman to shell out 100 million pounds every summer and still expect the Losses to come down. :rolleyes: ...This after already having a 700million loan from the owner already.

No one has the balls to tell Roman anything. Reason why Mourinho was asked to leave was cus he took on the owner. We have a dictator at the helm, and I am sure everyone agrees. If the most successfull manager in the club history can get fired in 3 and half yrs, firing the rest is a piece of cake for Roman.

Did Kenyon ever say he loves Chelsea?