Frank Lampard Hails 400th Chelsea Appearance

Steve

Frank Lampard Hails 400th Chelsea Appearance

Frank Lampard insists that he's a role model for the Chelsea youth and has hailed his 'special' bond with Scolari.

Frank Lampard left it late on Saturday to make his 400th Chelsea appearance a special one, slamming home the winner against Stoke City during an injury time scramble.

Rory Delap's opener had given the visiting Potters a lead to defend and hoards of Blues fans had already left Stamford Bridge before the comeback was sparked by Juliano Belletti's header.

In the aftermath of the escape, influential midfielder Lampard hailed his landmark appearance tally, under-fire boss Luiz Felipe Scolari and hinted that the last-gasp win could rekindle the Blues' title fire.

He told the club's official website: "This club has become my life; it has been seven, eight years, now. I wouldn't have believed I'd have done that when I came here [from West Ham United]. I didn't realise I was 400 games old and hopefully I have a lot more in me again.

"A lot of the young players coming through need to see that attitude because they don't understand what it takes to get to the top. People like me and John [Terry] came through and worked hard to get here, and they need to see that."

Asked about the recent turmoil surrounding the club and the uncertain future faced by boss Scolari, Lamps continued: "The manager is a very good man and has been a very successful manager for a long time. Hopefully that success is going to come here, too.

"The last month has been difficult. We are having countless chances and 'keepers are pulling off great saves.

"I've always had special bonds and it's the same with Scolari."

Hoping that the comeback win will be a watershed for the faltering Pensioners, Lampard added: "This could be a turning point as long as we follow through with it and become a bit more ruthless in front of goal."

Goal

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic