Lampard - Sort it out

Metro

Lampard tells Chelsea to sort it out

Frank Lampard insists Chelsea are desperate to cut out the costly individual errors which have been undermining their Premier League title quest.

The Blues have become wasteful this season, especially at home, where they have been embarrassed by lower-league sides Burnley and Southend in the Carling Cup and FA Cup respectively.

They have also been beaten by title rivals Liverpool and Arsenal at Stamford Bridge following the end of their 86-game unbeaten home league run.

The second-placed Blues head to Manchester United on Sunday determined to win, and at least to not lose, in an attempt to keep tabs on leaders Liverpool.

United have dropped just two points at Old Trafford this season while Chelsea have drawn four of their last five matches and Lampard admits Luiz Felipe Scolari's men must be more careful if they are to get something from a crucial encounter.

'We have been working on the set-pieces this week,' said England midfielder Lampard.

'Sometimes it has been an individual error or a collective one but it has been very important because we have dominated the last two games and lost out on a set-piece in the final minute each time.

'We can't afford to let that happen against a team of Manchester United's calibre.'

Meanwhile, Scolari has made it clear central defender Michael Mancienne is part of his first-team plans following a successful loan spell with Wolves.

His form with the Championship leaders earned him a surprise England call-up for the friendly against Germany in November and also caught the eye of his club boss.

Mancienne has not ruled out a further loan move ahead of the Under-21 European Championship this summer but added: 'I am where I wanted to be at 21 - around the Chelsea first team.'

I pray that they've been working on having someone on the posts for corners. I getting sick of watching us lose goals in such a pathetic manner.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conceding goals is something that we should be looking. But more importantly for me is for us to score more! We have been dominating games and scoring 1 goal at most and then have been unable to get any more! We need to start putting more chances away or conceding goals late on and dropping points is inevitable.

I pray that they've been working on having someone on the posts for corners. I getting sick of watching us lose goals in such a pathetic manner.

Fuck I'm getting sick of our corners not clearing the first man. Deco and Lampard clearly shouldn't take them... why not Belletti or Bosingwa?

why not Belletti or Bosingwa?

i ask that question during every game

it's one thing with us not being able to defend the opposition corners, it's also that ours are so easy to defend that teams shouldn't bother standing there