Ireland for Ireland

Eamonn_dublin_CFC

very VERY controversial topic here in the land of the green white and orange.

what are your thoughts?should the republic of ireland let steven ireland back into the team if he decides to come back?

i'd take ireland back anyday! he is in amazing form and would do wonders for our midfield,

he's only young so i'm sure we could learn to forgive his stupidity over the whole ''granny'' situation.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol he should be let back in. Remember this -it was all over the news for a couple of days

Before the Czech? game Staunton the Irish manager, got a call from Irelands girlfriend saying his maternal grandma had died. Staunton granted him compassionate leave with a private jet. The media found it to be untrue.

There then followed a web of farcical untruths worthy of Father Ted Crilly. He changed his story to say it was his Paternal Grandma that had died. Again the media found it to be untrue. He then said it was his divorced step dads cousin s grandma or something. Again, yup, you've guessed it, untrue.

The reality was that his girlfriend had miscarried. If theyd said that in the first place, he would of been excused playing anyway :). what made it worse was the Republic lost the Czech game and failed to qualify....

well i think that if he's spoken to the manager and apologised for being an idiot and lying then he should be allowed to play

and really i dont think that it was his fault that they lost the game - if the rest of the players that were there couldn't win, you can't really blame the guy who wasn't can you ?

On the 20 October 2008 he participated in a pre-match interview on Setanta Ireland. During the interview he stated that he was watching Ireland regularly and that they were doing well. He also stated he would not be back for the foreseeable future.

If I was an Ireland fan i would want him back in the team asap he's in brilliant form.

Fair enough he shoulda told the truth but seems a bit harsh for him not to be in the team now

well i think that if he's spoken to the manager and apologised for being an idiot and lying then he should be allowed to play

and really i dont think that it was his fault that they lost the game - if the rest of the players that were there couldn't win, you can't really blame the guy who wasn't can you ?

Yes, they can IMO. He could've scored the winning goal or create an assist. Missing a key player would make a lot of difference.

Yes, they can IMO. He could've scored the winning goal or create an assist. Missing a key player would make a lot of difference.

to be fair so could any of the other players on the field

i know what he did was crap and wrong and he deserved punishment but to blame him for the loss is a bit much

to be fair so could any of the other players on the field

i know what he did was crap and wrong and he deserved punishment but to blame him for the loss is a bit much

Yeah, but he still should take some of the blame as a missing key player. Then again, he most likely wouldn't make much difference as he wouldn't be concentrating on the match anyway.

Although he is a great player,he needs a bit of cop on before he will be back in the team.

It's not the problem of the Irish manager to call him back up,as far as i know he also said he wouldn't play for the team because...

...they slagged him for getting hair implants.

I could be missing info on this,correct me if i'm wrong about it.

Although he is a great player,he needs a bit of cop on before he will be back in the team.

It's not the problem of the Irish manager to call him back up,as far as i know he also said he wouldn't play for the team because...

...they slagged him for getting hair implants.

I could be missing info on this,correct me if i'm wrong about it.

Seems like he should be a comedian instead...