Opinion: Jude Bellingham’s name being thrown into the Chelsea mix is a top option for the club

James

The midfield area is one area that Chelsea look to be prioritising improving in the summer. Particularly players who can play in a deeper role as well as a more advanced position. The main names linked over recent months is of course Declan Rice and Aurelien Tchouameni. But one name I am pleased to hear […]

View the full article

I'd love it to be true that we want to sign Bellingham and it's easy to imagine that it is. He is such a terrific footballer that every ambitious club must surely be looking at him. What would be our realistic chances of succeeding however?

I was desperate that we should sign Bellingham when he left Birmingham but, according to reports at the time, he didn't seem to have considered joining Chelsea. While he rewarded Man United's interest with a visit to Carrington there were no reports of a visit to Cobham. Maybe we'll have better luck when he leaves BVB. We certainly have to put our hat in the ring.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'd love it to be true that we want to sign Bellingham and it's easy to imagine that it is. He is such a terrific footballer that every ambitious club must surely be looking at him. What would be our realistic chances of succeeding however?

I was desperate that we should sign Bellingham when he left Birmingham but, according to reports at the time, he didn't seem to have considered joining Chelsea. While he rewarded Man United's interest with a visit to Carrington there were no reports of a visit to Cobham. Maybe we'll have better luck when he leaves BVB. We certainly have to put our hat in the ring.

Hopefully what has happened since has swayed him. Back around that time we only just secured 4th (with a points tally that doesn't usually make it) and got competely outclassed by Bayern. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Hopefully what has happened since has swayed him. Back around that time we only just secured 4th (with a points tally that doesn't usually make it) and got competely outclassed by Bayern. 

Plus I suppose our reputation as a graveyard for young talent. I would argue, and have done for a long time, that this reputation is entirely unfounded but none of us can deny it is, or was at any rate, widely believed to be true.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie