Opinion: Chelsea should save on a centre back to fork out for Erling Haaland

James

Now I know exactly what you are thinking here, ‘you have been a strong advocate for Chelsea bringing in a new centre back this summer’, and you’re correct, I have been. However, over time I have realised that a new centre back is much lower down the list of our priorities than a new striker. […]

View the full article

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to concentrate on the striker and also on positions where we have players potentially coming of age.
Remember how we flopped in 2016 because of Iva not being able to carry on ?

Edited by cosmicway

I see the incredible naive insistence on bringing Guehi back isn’t going to end anytime soon. If he’s going to be a bench warmer whats the point? If he’s not ready to break in ahead of the guys who started in the CL final and stay there, he should be sent away on loan again and continue to be allowed to develop as opposed to rot on bench for the best part of the season bar cup games or a injury/suspension crisis that well don’t tend to happen here as often.

We are stacked at CB in a 3 with Azpi, Silva, Rudiger as our first 3 then Zouma, Andreas as backup/rotation and Reece as an last resort option. Then we have Tomori (would expect him to be sold though) and Sarr who are much more experienced players out on loan who have been exposed to a higher standard and much higher amount of games than Guehi. 

I mean even then, unless one of those guys who were in the squad leaves/be moved on to be replaced then it has to be an immediate upgrade on any of those ie a Varane or someone who is going to make an instant impact and improve the defence even more.

Its a shame Swansea didn’t come up as he could have had PL experience there but hopefully we find someone who doesn’t want to play like Stoke City to take him on loan.