Opinion: Kurt Zouma will end up asking to leave Chelsea this summer

James

I’ll begin by stating that this is absolutely 100% just my opinion and my prediction, but unfortunately I can only see this happening. Kurt Zouma will not be happy being a squad player at Chelsea, and under Thomas Tuchel, it is pretty clear that Zouma will not be starting many games other than as rotation […]

View the full article

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah cant see it. But not surprised the boy who wrote the article does spout some shite based on a huge percentage of some of the others hes done over the years. 

If he persists with a back 3 then we will need to keep all these CBs: Azpi, Zouma, Christensen, Silva, Rudiger. Also the article mentions several players out on loan, other than Tomori they wont play next season and even then Tomori is likely to sign for Milan as they have a 30m € buy option and has featured prominently so far. Plus comparing Rudiger, stating Tuchel’s love for him, who has played LCB for Roma, Germany and also for us under Conte to Zouma who could really only play centrally or on the right, is daft. More so if we keep 3 at the back. 

Tomori will be the only CB likely to be leaving this summer I would say. To say Ampadu or Guehi is ready to be part of the squad next season is also severely premature. Also its not as if Thiago Silva is 26, hes 36. He wont last forever and in the next 18 months I would he surprised if he is still playing. I think after the 2022 WC he will retire so lets see.