SHED WALL CHELSEA LEGENDS VOTE IS OPEN

Vesper

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/03/09/shed-wall-chelsea-legends-vote-is-open

A place is available for a Chelsea great to join many others whose careers at the club are celebrated on the Shed Wall at Stamford Bridge.

A fans’ vote is now open to decide which former player is chosen from a shortlist of John Hollins, Bobby Tambling, Roy Bentley, Jimmy Greaves and Charlie Cooke…

On its own, the Shed Wall at the southern end of Stamford Bridge is an important piece of Chelsea history.

It is a section of the stadium site which dates all the way back to when the famous football ground was opened back in 1905 and although no longer part of the large standing terrace for supporters it once was, it is nowadays an impressive boundary alongside a busy walking thoroughfare on both matchdays and non-matchdays.

And in recent years the Shed Wall comes with added history! Along its length a collection of all-time greats in the Chelsea story are celebrated, with images, biographies, honours and quotes, and even QR codes which allow you to find out more. Not a day goes past without hundreds of people stopping to look or have their photos taken next to one of their favourites.

Peter Bonetti, Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, Marcel Desailly, Kerry Dixon, Didier Drogba, Ron Harris, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Branislav Ivanovic, Frank Lampard, Peter Osgood, John Terry, Gianluca Vialli, Ray Wilkins, Dennis Wise and Gianfranco Zola are the names already on there, and the good news is there is room for one more.

Gone for Tambling just in front of Charlie Cooke.

Loved them both Cooke the more skillfull but "old headdown and charge" won out.

Could have gone for Greavsie but he eventully defected to Spuds so sorry I can never see him as a Chelsea Legend.

8 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Gone for Tambling just in front of Charlie Cooke.

Loved them both Cooke the more skillfull but "old headdown and charge" won out.

Could have gone for Greavsie but he eventully defected to Spuds so sorry I can never see him as a Chelsea Legend.

hard to  ignore

Jimmy Greaves

Years    Team    Apps    (Gls)
1957–1961    Chelsea    157    (124)

but the spuds switch was too much

went for Tambling

bobby-tambling-signed-photo.jpg

Bobby Tambling - I still remember some of his goals, and even the Evening Standards headline after a winning free kick 'Tamblings Banana'

Here he shows how to beat Man City, and for good measure Ossie tells their fans to fuck off :D

7 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Bobby Tambling - I still remember some of his goals, and even the Evening Standards headline after a winning free kick 'Tamblings Banana'

Here he shows how to beat Man City, and for good measure Ossie tells their fans to fuck off :D

Chopper and Osgood :wub:

16 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Excellent vid. That Ossie salute would get him a 6 match ban now. How things have changed eh. Loved the commentator

Me gran was close with Neil Youngs folks so my grandad would go to Shitty games now n then. But only for the piss ups. He was more into rugby being a Taff.

Its weird how many don't seem to hold it against Lamps for wearing that disgusting blue shirt or slag Petr off for going native but yet we slag Greavsie off.

A hard choice as there was summet to argue for them all but had to go with the flow. The lads a proper Chels legend. I remember the cameras on him when he came out in a wheelchair 4 or 5 seasons back and he was crying when we were singing his name bless him.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Excellent vid. That Ossie salute would get him a 6 match ban now. How things have changed eh. Loved the commentator

Me gran was close with Neil Youngs folks so my grandad would go to Shitty games now n then. But only for the piss ups. He was more into rugby being a Taff.

Its weird how many don't seem to hold it against Lamps for wearing that disgusting blue shirt or slag Petr off for going native but yet we slag Greavsie off.

A hard choice as there was summet to argue for them all but had to go with the flow. The lads a proper Chels legend. I remember the cameras on him when he came out in a wheelchair 4 or 5 seasons back and he was crying when we were singing his name bless him.

maxresdefault.jpg

Brilliant post and pic UJ