Platini Just realised Clubs are Foreign Owned

Platini attacks top-flight set-up

_45091488_b0fcba37-1406-4c0d-aa55-12b600 Platini was elected Uefa president in January 2007

Uefa president Michel Platini has launched a scathing attack on the influx of foreign owners in the Premier League over the last few years.

He said: "If you bring people from Qatar and there is no-one from Liverpool or Manchester at the club, where is Liverpool or Manchester?

"I think it is not good. I think the Qataris should invest in Qatar. "They should develop the football in each country. Can we do something against it? I will try to."

Nine of the 20 English Premier League clubs have foreign owners.

Manchester City are the latest Premier League side to have been taken over after Thaksin Shinawatra sold the club to Abu Dhabi United Group, which is backed by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Concerned by the influx of foreign owners and players to the Premier League, Platini believes the balance has tipped too far in England.

He continued: "Do you want in Liverpool an Arab sheikh as president with one Brazilian coach and nine or 11 African players?

o.gifOne player aged 11 is coming from Marseille to Chelsea. For the mother you think that is good?

Uefa president Michel Platini

"Where is Liverpool in that? We have to make some rules.

"What is football? Football is a game and this game has become popular because of the identity.

"You have to have identity, that is where football's popularity lies."

Platini also revealed Uefa would looking at ways of introducing Europe-wide regulations.

"Can we do something against it? I will try to do something, I am not sure it will be possible to do that but I have to see European law, English law, French, German, Russian, Ukrainian, many."

o.gifThe former French playmaker also criticised English clubs for poaching under-age players from abroad as he stressed the need to "control the transfer of minors".

"When you buy Ronaldo or Pele or Maradona or Robinho, I have no problem. But when you buy players at 13, 14 or 15 years, I don't like that," he said. "One player aged 11 is coming from Marseille to Chelsea. For the mother you think that is good?"

BBC

Its about as good, Mr Platini as French Company EDF owning British Electricity, or French Water company Veoila taking over British Water Companies, or France owning British Nuclear Power Stations. You think we like that ?

Listen, you hypocritical fuck it's called 'Globalisation'

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o.gifOne player aged 11 is coming from Marseille to Chelsea. For the mother you think that is good?

LOL

I went to school in Singapore when I was 11. A lot of Indonesian children do if their parents can afford it as the education is much better so it shouldn't be a problem.

is it me or does he seem to have a problem with muslim people owning a club - none of this came out when Chelsea, United or Liverpool were taken over by foreigners but now it's a big thing :lol:

Could well be. Not that those Dubai lot are strict muslims -all boozing, gambling and whoring aint it ?

Platini was a top player. he now feels, as does Blatter that he needs to be noticed now and again. In a way though he has a point, and I agree, Chelsea Football Club has little to do with Chelsea, Liverpool FC with Liverpool, Man Utd is more popular in the far east than Manchester etc. They are just brands that people identify with. Some just on internet forums.

There is very little local support any more, because people realised that by making it global they can make loads of money. But Platini is crying after spilt milk, especially as FIFA are part of the problem, more than the solution most of the time.

Why is he whining about an 11-year-old going to Chelsea anyway? At 11 the kid's too old to play for Arsenal!

And I think Platini's attitude to the UK is one of the reasons why FIFA didn't kick Sudan out of the ACoN over the teddy bear case.

Why is he whining about an 11-year-old going to Chelsea anyway? At 11 the kid's too old to play for Arsenal!

And I think Platini's attitude to the UK is one of the reasons why FIFA didn't kick Sudan out of the ACoN over the teddy bear case.

Sorry but that's a huge load of bollocks. There are far better reasons to kick Sudan out of the ACoN or whatever than that stupid teddy bear case, even though it wouldn't justify it anyway.