Fabregas set for January move to Italy – and the transfer fee is a joke

James

Cesc FabregasCesc Fabregas thought to be heading to AC Milan in January. Chelsea will receive just £10M in exchange for Fabregas. Let us know what you think about this rumour @TalkChelsea. Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas is on his way to AC Milan, according to The Sun. Fabregas has been a great servant to the club since […]

View the full article

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£10m for a 30+ y/o with half a season on his contract? How is that a bad move when you also consider his wages that are over 150k a week too?

Personally, still think Cesc has more than plenty to offer here but thats hardly a bad deal. It will be a bargain for AC if he goes there and hits the ground running which I would expect him to but again 10m for somebody who's on that much a year and plays 10 minutes a game except cup games? Is It that bad?

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

£10m for a 30+ y/o with half a season on his contract? How is that a bad move when you also consider his wages that are over 150k a week too?

Personally, still think Cesc has more than plenty to offer here but thats hardly a bad deal. It will be a bargain for AC if he goes there and hits the ground running which I would expect him to but again 10m for somebody who's on that much a year and plays 10 minutes a game except cup games? Is It that bad?

If Jorginho goes down, who takes his role now (if Cesc leaves)? Drinkwater? LOLOLOL

We sure as fuck better be buying Sandro Tonali in January and get ready to play him a bit even if its tossing him a bit to the wolves.

Chelsea ready to match Brescia’s €40m asking price for Sandro Tonali

https://en.onefootball.com/chelsea-ready-to-match-brescias-e40m-asking-price-for-sandro-tonali/

The teenage prodigy is one of the most sought-after young players in Europe

Chelsea are reportedly willing to meet Brescia’s €40m asking price for Sandro Tonali but may wait until the summer before actually signing the midfielder.

Tonali has been the rising star of Italian football this season, becoming a regular for the Serie B side and even earned a place in Roberto Mancini’s Azzurri squad for the Nations League in November.

At just 18 he’s already being compared to Andrea Pirlo, and now it seems as if compatriot Maurizio Sarri is looking to lure the teenager over to Stamford Bridge.

A story in Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday has claimed that the Blues have been in contact with Brescia and will match their asking price for the deep-lying playmaker.

Their piece indicates that Tonali will sign in January, but spend the rest of 2018/19 in Lombardy before joining up with Chelsea over the summer.

snip

WE BETTER FUCKING BUY HIM NOW! If the transfer bans come down after January we are FUCKED!

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If Jorginho goes down, who takes his role now (if Cesc leaves)? Drinkwater? LOLOLOL

We sure as fuck better be buying Sandro Tonali in January and get ready to play him a bit even if its tossing him a bit to the wolves.

Chelsea ready to match Brescia’s €40m asking price for Sandro Tonali

https://en.onefootball.com/chelsea-ready-to-match-brescias-e40m-asking-price-for-sandro-tonali/

The teenage prodigy is one of the most sought-after young players in Europe

Chelsea are reportedly willing to meet Brescia’s €40m asking price for Sandro Tonali but may wait until the summer before actually signing the midfielder.

Tonali has been the rising star of Italian football this season, becoming a regular for the Serie B side and even earned a place in Roberto Mancini’s Azzurri squad for the Nations League in November.

At just 18 he’s already being compared to Andrea Pirlo, and now it seems as if compatriot Maurizio Sarri is looking to lure the teenager over to Stamford Bridge.

A story in Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday has claimed that the Blues have been in contact with Brescia and will match their asking price for the deep-lying playmaker.

Their piece indicates that Tonali will sign in January, but spend the rest of 2018/19 in Lombardy before joining up with Chelsea over the summer.

Yes which is why I've said he still has something to offer (that role he is oue only backup) but Jorginho will be untouchable unless injured, if Cesc does go.

Pinning the back up role which Cesc can do on a 18 year old too? Won't happen. Sure he's talented but again what good does serving as a back up at aged 18 do if you don't play regularly? We've seen Sarri barely rotates and we've seen how much he rates Jorginho so to say "yeah Cesc out and Sandro Tonali in to be back up to Jorginho" is all well and good but the guy will prefer to play every week, even if it's at Serie B level with Brescia rather than once in a blue moon with Chelsea. We can't even guarantee our own top youngsters minutes so what does that spell out to a 40m one who has never played higher than the Italian second division? I am 10000% not concinced hes anywhere near the level of Marco Verratti before going to PSG either (Verratti played 3 full seasons) so regardless of all the talk of huge talent and Italy call ups, he still has to prove himself and the best place to do that is Brescia for now.

22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yes which is why I've said he still has something to offer (that role he is oue only backup) but Jorginho will be untouchable unless injured, if Cesc does go.

Pinning the back up role which Cesc can do on a 18 year old too? Won't happen. Sure he's talented but again what good does serving as a back up at aged 18 do if you don't play regularly? We've seen Sarri barely rotates and we've seen how much he rates Jorginho so to say "yeah Cesc out and Sandro Tonali in to be back up to Jorginho" is all well and good but the guy will prefer to play every week, even if it's at Serie B level with Brescia rather than once in a blue moon with Chelsea. We can't even guarantee our own top youngsters minutes so what does that spell out to a 40m one who has never played higher than the Italian second division? I am 10000% not concinced hes anywhere near the level of Marco Verratti before going to PSG either (Verratti played 3 full seasons) so regardless of all the talk of huge talent and Italy call ups, he still has to prove himself and the best place to do that is Brescia for now.

I think as an 18yo (19 next year) he would be happy enough getting the minutes Cesc has so far (maybe a bit more). I think he can learn and start to play more and more over 3, 4 years until he is ready to supplant Jorginho (who will be 30yo in 3 years and 20 days) as the regular starter (if he progresses as I think he should) There is no reason we cannot split time between 2 players (Jorginho with bulk of minutes for now) in the DH DMF role

My main target for NOW play is, as I have banged on for ages, Frenkie de Jong, as he can play almost anywhere on the field, from CB to DMF (trad) to deep holding MF (Jorgi style) to fullback to CMF to AMF to even a winger or a 10.