Joe Cole: He's Not That Good.

.Cee

So you were happy with a 2-0 win over Andorra then?

Yeh, why not? We're not Brazil so it was never going to be a battering but it was a professional enough performance. Boring of course, but professional nonetheless. We werent in any danger of losing, didnt concede, scored a couple of goals, what else was there to do? England don't entertain, that's life.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This quote should answer that:

Oh god theyre all far too analytical on there at times. Plenty of players have bad games, Id hardly be holding Cole up as an example right now.

Picking up the top point though, was it Jose publicly slating him that improved his game really? Or was that just Cole's natural attitude anyway? Every manager he's ever had has dropped him, none of the others have chosen to publicly slate him and yet every season his response has been the same.

This is very mild compared to the criticism Drogba and some others get so I wouldn't call it an attack. And it's constructive, unlike many of the slagging DD gets.

Joe Cole would have to be one of the first few players on the team sheet.

Do you not think DD deserves it at times , what with his diving , whinging pony ways ?

Guest Lampards Bitch
Yeah, I was so shocked when I saw it. Any ideas on how long he'd be out for?

I dont think he is out................but it is a nasty gash so i wouldnt be surprised if he didnt play. He seemed fine when he came back from the medical room. Chattin away to JT on the bench. Though he might have a funny bandage on his head on saturday :D LOL

Guest Lampards Bitch

_45006460_coleinjury_getty300.jpg

JT: Get up Coley you wuss! I got knocked out sparko and swallowed my tounge!

nah I'm sure he didnt say that lol

Edited by Lampards Bitch

Joe Cole would have to be one of the first few players on the team sheet.

Do you not think DD deserves it at times , what with his diving , whinging pony ways ?

Yes, NO player is above some constructive criticism. However, the mindless slagging and the booing DD got are unfair and people are acting a mild constructive criticism for Joe is an attack.

Edited by .Biru

Oh god theyre all far too analytical on there at times. Plenty of players have bad games, Id hardly be holding Cole up as an example right now.

Picking up the top point though, was it Jose publicly slating him that improved his game really? Or was that just Cole's natural attitude anyway? Every manager he's ever had has dropped him, none of the others have chosen to publicly slate him and yet every season his response has been the same.

Being too analytical is still better than the mindless slagging some of the players got imo.

Did he not get better after Jose publicly slated him? Was his last season with Grant, who let him do whatever he wants, as good as his 2 seasons with Jose? I think Joey would do better with a strict manager like Jose considering his 2 seasons. Hopefully Scolari could do the same with him.

Edited by .Biru

Havent seen any pictures yet of the cut, but it sounded pretty nasty.

Just hope if he does play it'll not affect his game. Going for headers and that, we dont want him to be having second thoughts going into challenges. We'll need him to be 100% focused with our midfield already down to the bare bones.

Havent seen any pictures yet of the cut, but it sounded pretty nasty.

Just hope if he does play it'll not affect his game. Going for headers and that, we dont want him to be having second thoughts going into challenges. We'll need him to be 100% focused with our midfield already down to the bare bones.

Maybe he can wear a helmet like the one Cech does?