Goodbye To Maka

Lol, I think we will be stronger defensively this season that we have for the last 2 even without Maka.

I hope you're right -though its incredible the amount of moves he stopped, balls he cut out, and perfectly timed interceptions completed in his games. No coincidence the bookies cut their odds when he left....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're right -though its incredible the amount of moves he stopped, balls he cut out, and perfectly timed interceptions completed in his games. No coincidence the bookies cut their odds when he left....

Maka could read a game better than anyone. Although by the end of last season his timing was out quite a lot and he made some pretty bad tackles. The time is right for us to cope without him, and i am sure we will do so very very well.

Maka could read a game better than anyone. Although by the end of last season his timing was out quite a lot and he made some pretty bad tackles. The time is right for us to cope without him, and i am sure we will do so very very well.

He ended up with a few cards with goal stopping interceptions, but the game would be halted long enough for the danger to subside. I cant think of a more valuable CFC asset than him Abramovich and Mourinho over the last few years.

He ended up with a few cards with goal stopping interceptions, but the game would be halted long enough for the danger to subside. I cant think of a more valuable CFC asset than him Abramovich and Mourinho over the last few years.

Hmm, i think i would put Lamps, Cech and JT in the same bracket as Maka with regards to how valuable they have been to us during the "Roman Era"...

We certainly were very lucky to have seen a player like Maka in our team, and more importantly value him a lot higher that Madrid certainly did.

Hmm, i think i would put Lamps, Cech and JT in the same bracket as Maka with regards to how valuable they have been to us during the "Roman Era"...

We certainly were very lucky to have seen a player like Maka in our team, and more importantly value him a lot higher that Madrid certainly did.

They treated him like a cunt, and inevitably was their loss. Very difficult to find a replacement for such a player.

They treated him like a cunt, and inevitably was their loss. Very difficult to find a replacement for such a player.

Certainly is, which is why our system will change completley this season. More likely the 4-2-3-1 that Soclari seems to favour but also possibly a 4-4-2 diamond or somehting without so much reliance on a sitting midfielder.

i think alot of people will be predicting a huge breakdown at Chelsea with his exit liek there was at Madrid

but i think the main difference is that we appreciated what he did for the team far more than they did and we realised what part he played in teh team and know how to play that system

i think our system will defo change becoz to be fair Obi and Ess aren't really holding players but i dont think that we'll suffer the way Madrid did when he left