• Chalobah (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

City fair enough but Spurs will be two points dropped if we don't win, at Stamford Bridge with no Rose and no (or at worse not a fully fit) Alderwierld in my opinion their two best defenders, we should be looking to cash in on that.

Hopefully yes. I am going to this one.

@ManchesterMatt

Great to see Manc Blues! Ive never seen many coming down from your way in big numbers. Its normally London sending our lot upto the Rags

on the Cockney Reds specials. Not sure if they actually have any supporters from Manc land. But its always a good craic running into them and taking the piss.

16 hours ago, Unionjack said:

@ManchesterMatt

Great to see Manc Blues! Ive never seen many coming down from your way in big numbers. Its normally London sending our lot upto the Rags

on the Cockney Reds specials. Not sure if they actually have any supporters from Manc land. But its always a good craic running into them and taking the piss.

I normally make all of the 'northern' games and then a few of games in the midlands too. I need to pluck up the determination to go to some of the more southern games!

Struggling this season to get any tickets at all though as previously I've shared a season ticket with family who live 'dawrrn sarth', but they've gone travelling for a year or so and have therefore forfeited their season ticket. It means I'm at the bottom of the pile with applying for tickets (new membership) and therefore it's almost impossible to pick up tickets anymore! - I'm praying for a mid-week FA/League Cup game at a northern league 1/2 club as I think that's the only chance I'll get at any tickets!

Oh, and it doesn't help when people buy tickets and then flog them to overseas buyers! Ruins the atmosphere in the away ends and annoys those who couldn't get tickets the legitimate way!

18 hours ago, The Skipper said:

You say this but he's actually been one of most creative players this season. His all round game has been great. 

Not sure I agree with this. My impression is that he is similar to Pedro in terms of creativity. He can link up with some neat one-touch passes, but overall I do not think he creates much. 
It is to be expected of a striker on his level to sometimes offer a nice pass, but I would absolutely disagree that it is one of his strengths. 

If you look at the statistics, he has one of the lowest amounts of passes per game in the squad, and also the lowest pass success out of everyone except Thibo. 
He does contribute with a respectable amount of key passes, but once again it comes from the way Chelsea are playing now. 

My point previously was that while Costa is capable of scoring from what seems to be a safe situation for the other side, he rarely does what Hazard can, which is to grab the ball from a good distance away from the box, and through a quick dribble/sprint suddenly create a dangerous situation, and do this consistently. Pedro does not do this either, which is why we need someone who can help us rely less on Hazard to be the main threat  against defensive teams.