• Hazard (sub)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Fernando said:

I was excited when I did not saw Ivanovic nowhere, but we got to see that we still need to get rid of another in cahill. 

If we can get rid of cahill and Ivanovic for good I think the rest might improve. 

Only reason Cahill is playing is because two superior defenders are injured, we have no one else to field. Cahill is not bad as a 3rd or 4th choice, but I cannot wait for Zouma to get fit, different level.

Main points taken from the game:

1) Alonso must play because he's the only senior LB in our squad, Azpilicueta isn't one. Filipe's sale stings to this day, we would have been better off keeping him than downgrading to Baba and Alonso, but whoever plays there is still an upgrade over what we did last season (playing a dinosaur who lacks technique, cannot cross or run together with a player who is only good defensively on the other side). Alonso is tall too, so no excuses there.

2) Hazard and Costa up their game with Fabregas. Our only intelligent midfielder needs to play, keep Matic and Kante behind him.

3) Matic earned the right to retain his place, partly due to lack of serious alternatives to accomodate Fabregas and partly thanks to his good performance.

4) Luiz is our best CB, an undisputed starter who offers us something completely else. He seems more composed and intelligent than the last time he was here. He acts as our deep playmaker when we are lacking one. Missed his desire and determination since he left.

5) Moses, take a bow son. Plays with incredible drive and determination, clearly his words of gratitude towards Conte were not empty and is eager to earn the trust he's been shown. Based on his performances, he should be given more starts at RW on merit. Good technique, gives defenders a headache because he doesn't look to be a one-trick pony.

6) Chalobah looks good. Should be considered as a replacement to Mikel. In contrast I am worried about RLC's Chelsea career under Conte. At least one of Chalobah, RLC or Baker needs to make it here... they are the most promising academy graduates we've had in a while and what better time to do it than during a rebuilding phase?

a win against a mainly 2nd string Leicester that papered over the cracks.

I would rather Luiz defend decently first for 90 minutes rather than see his long passes come off. Once that is sorted he can try his hollywood stuff. He was just as much at fault for their 1st when he was ball watching instead of tracking the player....of course there were other errors leading up to that.

Organisation and leadership all over the pitch goes missing during periods of every match . Certain 'senior' players need to show up more especially when JT is out.

Is Bego up to it as a number 2 anymore...or does he need a run of matches and bench Tibo for a while? Always a hard call with goalkeepers

Positives:

Costa is right in top form at the moment and I fancy him to score v Arsenal

Once the team settled down, the shape looked more balanced and efficient proving you dont have to have superstar names in every position

Fabregas comes into his own once he has more space and can operate further forward.

Chalobah looked assured bar a couple of minor errors. Hopefully he can gradually get more game time and become a regular within a season