Pizarro ready for Scolari chance

Chelsea striker Claudio Pizarro says he is looking forward to working under new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge.

Scolari officially took up his post at the West London club on Tuesday and his first and main priority will be to sort out the squad he has inherited.

pizarro_c.jpg

He wasted no time in snapping up Deco from Barcelona, and even though Pizarro has struggled to establish himself in SW6 since arriving from Bayern Munich last summer he is keen to see what Scolari has planned.

Despite reports in Greece linking Pizarro with a loan switch to Panathinaikos, he is determined to meet Scolari and impress the Brazilian.

“I look forward to taking my chances with the arrival of the new coach, who is a winner,” said Pizarro in La Nacion.

Source: Setanta Sports

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would certainly be a suprise to see him stay next season. He offered us very little last season. With Drogba, Sheva, Anelka and Pizarro as strikers on our books - 3 of them failing to impress at all and the other seemingly having no idea where he wants to spend his future i would guess that a new striker is in the mind of Scolari for sure!

I don't expect him to stay, but a new manager could mean he is in his plans.

But on the other hand Scolari has the potential to bring in a world class striker who can do the job straight away.

I don't expect him to stay, but a new manager could mean he is in his plans.

But on the other hand Scolari has the potential to bring in a world class striker who can do the job straight away.

The striker situation for us is clearly a weakness, obviously there is sufficiant talent there for Scolari to maybe think he can get them firing. But i would not be suprised if he wants to bring someone in who he can be more confident in.

Pizarro is the obvious choice if anyone is to leave.

If we lose Lampard we cleary need to look at a new striker. Strikers not performing in previous seasons was ok when we have 20 goals from a midfielder. But with that in threat we need someone who is going to get us 25+ and for me Drogba is too inconsistent and the others just dont look up to it.

If we lose Lampard we cleary need to look at a new striker. Strikers not performing in previous seasons was ok when we have 20 goals from a midfielder. But with that in threat we need someone who is going to get us 25+ and for me Drogba is too inconsistent and the others just dont look up to it.

Playing 1 up top the goals do tend to be shared around more anyway. But yes, we want our strikers to be banging away more goals than what they currently are. The lamps situation is by no means clear, but we should never count on him picking up 20 goals per season, it is immensely hard for a midfielder to achieve, Lamps has managed it on a regular basis for us now but even if he stays there is a good chance he may not get that many again.

Correct me if im wrong but dont Liverpool play 1 up top with Torres?

We need a player like him who is just a natural goalscorer it would take pressure off everyone else having to get more goals if we have a striker that everyone believes in

Correct me if im wrong but dont Liverpool play 1 up top with Torres?

We need a player like him who is just a natural goalscorer it would take pressure off everyone else having to get more goals if we have a striker that everyone believes in

Yes Torres does play as a lone striker, although Liverpool do play with their wingers in very advanced positions supporting Torres. One of those being Kuyt who is anything but a winger!

Thats also a problem of ours. playing strikers in wide postitions, Anelka and Shevchenko for example.

Yes it never really seemed to work effectively for us to be truthful, although it was emploed by Grant, Scolari may be able to make it work better. But in reality we need players who fit, rather than making playrs fit.

If you are refering to Drogba he's hardly reliable

He did fail to be so in the biggest stage, doesn't mean he has never been so before. Carling Cup and FA Cup finals? And more.