Ricardo Carvalho Leaving Chelsea?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=755621

29/06/2008 09:29

Carvalho Is Leaving - Alcides

Chelsea central defender Alcides has hinted that team-mate Ricardo Carvalho will leave Stamford Bridge in the summer.

177_thumb.jpggalleria zoom
  • 26387_thumb.jpg
  • 26413_thumb.jpg
  • 26362_thumb.jpg
The Brazilian player, surplus to requirements at the London-based club, spent the last 18 months on loan at PSV Eindhoven.

Although Alcides was expected to stay at the Dutch club, he has now revealed that Chelsea have called him to replace Ricardo Carvalho.

"PSV Eindhoven wanted me to stay, but I have learned that Chelsea want me back. It seems that Ricardo Carvalho is leaving and I am going to replace him," Alcides said.

The Portuguese international has been linked with football away from Chelsea, having been tipped to join Inter Milan and play under José Mourinho for the third time after joint spells at Porto and Chelsea.

Despite Saturday's reports suggesting Inter Milan to be interested in FC Porto's Bruno Alves, Carvalho is understood to be The Special One's prime target to reinforce the defense.

Alcides, 23, signed for Chelsea in 2004 but has yet to have his official debut for the Blues.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should stay, we'd have Portuguese backbone. If he will go, then we should get like 30-40 mill for him (4 year contract + he's magnificant). Don't know how he can be replaced though, we would need to sign somebody at least as good as him.

I would not like to see Riccy leave he's a fantastic centre back but if anyone would be replacing him imediately i'd imagine it was Alex.. he played fantasticly well when he had to cover for JT or Riccy last season.