supporter

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Liverpool board giving Klopp every target he wants. Must be nice.

Yep!! Though there's no point Conte having targets as looks likely to be off.. Gotta get that sorted first. Once again! 

It'll be a normal window for us... Linked... Nothing then buy some randomer near the end. 

Theyre definitely gana challenge next year. If not.. Oh dear. 

41 minutes ago, DDA said:

Don't go there Jason. I'm refreshing my Chelsea transfer google search repetitively like a crack head, hoping for some news that we have got Bale, Jorginho or Fekir. My eyes burn.

I just have this floating is a seperate tab. Guves all the options you want

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Chelsea

27 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Ambition and competence go hand in hand. 

To a certain extent, but look at Liverpool's transfers over the least few years. In the last 3 years they have a net spend of just £18m(pre-Fabinho buy). They sold both Suarez and Coutinho when Barca came calling. Even if they go on a spending spree this summer, Chelsea will still have outspent them come the end of the summer. Their intelligent transfer dealings have allowed them to spend big on needed positions(Van Dijk for £75m and Keita for £58m) without requiring the club to spend money out of their own pockets. The reason Chelsea can't do the same is because we went out and spent £65m on 3 players who only played in cup games and emergencies.( Barkley, Emerson, Drinkwater) I don't think Liverpool have greater ambitions than we do, they just know what they're doing in the market.

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep!! Though there's no point Conte having targets as looks likely to be off.. Gotta get that sorted first. Once again! 

It'll be a normal window for us... Linked... Nothing then buy some randomer near the end. 

Theyre definitely gana challenge next year. If not.. Oh dear. 

I'd like to think we learned our lesson after twice having terrible summers in recent years but it seems we haven't. Known for months that Conte is off and still no update.

Just now, Pizy said:

I'd like to think we learned our lesson after twice having terrible summers in recent years but it seems we haven't. Known for months that Conte is off and still no update.

And we ain't got as long to piss around this time either. 

Just now, Panic said:

To a certain extent, but look at Liverpool's transfers over the least few years. In the last 3 years they have a net spend of just £18m(pre-Fabinho buy). They sold both Suarez and Coutinho when Barca came calling. Even if they go on a spending spree this summer, Chelsea will still have outspent them come the end of the summer. Their intelligent transfer dealings have allowed them to spend big on needed positions(Van Dijk for £75m and Keita for £58m) without requiring the club to spend money out of their own pockets. The reason Chelsea can't do the same is because we went out and spent £65m on 3 players who only played in cup games and emergencies.( Barkley, Emerson, Drinkwater) I don't think Liverpool have greater ambitions than we do, they just know what they're doing in the market.

I’m not disagreeing with that - a valid point but that’s where ambition also comes in. Their whole attacking football philosophy that they’re trying to embed into the club... the fact that now they’re getting some top players to believe in this project (Keita and Fabinho are top top signings) - that’s where ambition comes into it. Making smart signings is also a sign of ambition. Hence why competence and ambition go hand in hand. Don’t forget that our net spend over the last few seasons is ridiculously low compared to the likes of Utd and City too for example, so we can also say that our ambition in that sense has dropped given that we used to be on par with both. 

We spent 40m on a guy we're still not even sure is a professional footballer.

Liverpool spend 55m on the reason that made our failure of a transfer look like a professional footballer.

Lmao

16 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Making smart signings is also a sign of ambition.

I don't agree with that at all. Just take a look at Dortmund. they make excellent signings year in year out. They're able to turn young talent into top players. But what do they do? They sell those players when  top clubs come calling.

16 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I Hence why competence and ambition go hand in hand. Don’t forget that our net spend over the last few seasons is ridiculously low compared to the likes of Utd and City too for example, so we can also say that our ambition in that sense has dropped given that we used to be on par with both. 

Ambition and competence are related, but one does not guarantee the other. Remember Q.P.R.? They spent massive amounts of money, only to get relegated. Our net spend may be low, but we have paid large fees for many of our players. Does our squad look like it costs £565m to assemble? Look at Tottenham. Much better squad for half the price.  Do you think Tottenham are more ambitious because they made better deals? Because if they were, I would have expected them to shell out the cash after their title challenges.

In the end, Chelsea still want to win titles. We may not be as ambitious as before, but we haven't turned into Tottenham or Arsenal, yet. It's why we are probably going to sack Conte despite barely missing out on the top 4. Liverpool have stuck with Klopp for 3 years without a trophy,  even when he failed to qualify for champion's league. United stuck with Mourinho despite finishing 6th, and Tottenham appear to be content just staying in the top 4. They aren't more ambitious, they are just smarter in their dealings, or in United's case a bigger wallet.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I just have this floating is a seperate tab. Guves all the options you want

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Chelsea

I have used that page for many years. After many of those years I have realised that 90% of the sources that News Now link you too are a waste of my valuable time.

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

I have used that page for many years. After many of those years I have realised that 90% of the sources that News Now link you too are a waste of my valuable time.

I normally readd as many as poss then read beteen the lines and cime up with my own conclusion.

Gimme a better option a96e56843e589ba6ead64011d25ca6b3.gif

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You