Nemanja Matic

.Cee

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

If we can replace Pedro/Willain with a much better player the creative deficiency of central midfielders would not be a huge problem. Then if we can find midfielder who decides&plays faster than Matic we'll be fine.

But one of the problems we are having as I see it is we aren't getting those 3 up front the ball enough so it wont matter who they are if they are left out of the game.

We really only got Cescy thats got a good head to see moves. Luiz can too sometimes and can boot it upfield ok. But Conte likes building moves from the leeper up and we need a couple of guys able to hold and move the ball forward and not SIdeWays

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

But one of the problems we are having as I see it is we aren't getting those 3 up front the ball enough so it wont matter who they are if they are left out of the game.

We really only got Cescy thats got a good head to see moves. Luiz can too sometimes and can boot it upfield ok. But Conte likes building moves from the leeper up and we need a couple of guys able to hold and move the ball forward and not SIdeWays

When we upgrade the winger/striker player on the right, our opponents will be less bold to go forward and automatically we will push forward and our front three will get more balls.It is harder to find and sign a hardworking/creative box-to-box, playmaking CM that some fans think our system needs to work than upgrading Willain/Pedro imo.

We still need to upgrade both Matic and Willian/Pedro. All I am saying is a slight improvement in central midfield will be sufficient when we have a creative/goal scoring player on the right.

5 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

When we upgrade the winger/striker player on the right, our opponents will be less bold to go forward and automatically we will push forward and our front three will get more balls.It is harder to find and sign a hardworking/creative box-to-box, playmaking CM that some fans think our system needs to work than upgrading Willain/Pedro imo.

We still need to upgrade both Matic and Willian/Pedro. All I am saying is a slight improvement in central midfield will be sufficient when we have a creative/goal scoring player on the right.

I kinda disagree, I think having a better cm will have more impact rather than having a better right winger unless we are talking player like messi/robben class.

Just watch how we play with fabregas on. We know about his brilliant passing but his movement off the ball is just fantastic.

You can see sometimes he run forward just to attract defender so that the ball can be passed from one side to the other side. Sometimes he run the channel to provide more space for our wingers. This little move encourage better flow to our offence because he create space for everyone.

12 hours ago, Leif said:

The only player we need is Tielemans. It's mad that he's only 19 still & yet to get his first start for Belgium. It's even madder he hasn't been bought by a big club yet. He's near enough the same bracket as Hazard/De Bruyne/Courtois. He should still be refined defensively, because he's already good enough offensively. However, he wants to take baby steps, and apparently desires a move to Everton (which I think would be shit for him.)

If we want a more experienced player who'd make an instant impact and also most likely be happy taking a backseat role in 4-5 years, Vazquez of Sevilla fits the bill. He's never had a bad run of games for them yet, and he's tall for a player whose main purpose is getting the ball forward (yet at the same time, he's their best defensive player, beyond even N'Zonzi who's still a baller over there.)

Then as always, there's Oliver Torres who's fulfilling the great potential he's always had. Should've bought him while at Atletico like I harped on about; now Porto will sell him for at least 40m in the future instead of the 10m we could've bought him for.

There's no need at all for the likes of Verratti who'd eat up our transfer budget, leaving us poorly reinforced in other areas. There are plenty options who're at least half the price, but not half the player by any means.

Never watched any of them, probaby will youtube them later.

But you mention that Tielemans is not good enough defensively, I don't think he is the guy then because there is no way he is better offensively then fabregas

Idealy we would need to replace Cahill, Alonso, Moses, Matic and Pedro to complete this squad. 

But first in summer, I think new CM and either Moses/Alonso replacement would bring us to next level, that said both new players must be top quality. 

To bring Eden to next level, I prefer we get new LWB instead of RwB simply because someone in mould of Sandro would make Eden better. Alonso and Moses both have some advantages and some disadvantages tho.

As for midfielder I hope we get technicaly very sound player, but at same time someone who can defend. Verrati, Rabiot and Matuidi worked perfectly because all three are great on ball with good passing, same for Kroos and Modric. Thats why I would rule Bakayoko out. 

I would be happier to throw around 100m on Vidal/Verratti and someone like Alex Sandro than same amount on 5 players of Alonso quality.

3 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I do not think he has a future here next season as many reports state that Conte wants a different midfielder.

He should go to Italy. Serie A is perfect for a DM like him. 

And who will be Kante's backup?

Posted this on the transfer thread:

Matic is not ideal in our current system, but we don't necessarily need to replace him, Conte could add an attacking midfield like James in a 3-5-2 with Hazard and Costa upfront, we would have the creativity we're lacking right now. People forget that while Matic is not the most skilled player ever, he is fundamental for the toughness of the team, and toughness is perhaps the symbol of the team, actually, is the symbol of Chelsea FC, since Mourinho first spell until CL's title. We don't play 11 low tricky players, we play the tall, strong and disciplined but not less talented players, of course we could use 1 our 2 lighter ones, but the profile must be kept.

People don't realize how hard is to find a good DM, and Matic is at least a great Kanté backup.

On 19/02/2017 at 4:35 PM, Socur Toxanarosa said:

And who will be Kante's backup?

Posted this on the transfer thread:

Matic is not ideal in our current system, but we don't necessarily need to replace him, Conte could add an attacking midfield like James in a 3-5-2 with Hazard and Costa upfront, we would have the creativity we're lacking right now. People forget that while Matic is not the most skilled player ever, he is fundamental for the toughness of the team, and toughness is perhaps the symbol of the team, actually, is the symbol of Chelsea FC, since Mourinho first spell until CL's title. We don't play 11 low tricky players, we play the tall, strong and disciplined but not less talented players, of course we could use 1 our 2 lighter ones, but the profile must be kept.

People don't realize how hard is to find a good DM, and Matic is at least a great Kanté backup.

I totally disagree with this. I am not convinced that Nemanja makes a particularly strong defensive contribution, but whatever he offers in that regard is completely negated by his limitations when we are in possession.

Whatever quality of player we add further up the pitch, we will always be held back by a CM who is unable to add positive momentum to our play owing to a combination of chronic one-footedness, lack of technical quality, poor body control and inability to carry the ball.

Up to a dozen times every game Nemanja goes backwards when a better player would take us forward. This sometimes means lost opportunities, and sometimes costs goals. Clearly Antonio sees Nemanja as his best option currently. We urgently need to give the manager better ones.

On 4/12/2016 at 11:02 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Kante is not the answer for us.

He is better than we have currently and so would make our squad stronger but he would not contribute to making our squad great.

On 2/19/2017 at 7:35 PM, Socur Toxanarosa said:

People don't realize how hard is to find a good DM.

Just trying to make you understand who you are dealing with here Socur Toxanara. Many people don't pay attention anymore when he says "we need a better..."

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

Just trying to make you understand who you are dealing with here Socur Toxanara. Many people don't pay attention anymore when he says "we need a better..."

Selective twaddle. You've ignored the post, following Leicester's visit to Stamford Bridge last season, in which I said that I had changed my mind.  In any case, I'll gladly agree to a comparison of my player assessments versus yours.

57 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

That was the last game of the season.:clap:

Which nevertheless predates your jibe by more than eight months.I assume you are not claiming that you have never changed your mind about a player? I certainly have.

When Eden began to be linked I watched Lille a few times but caught him in one of his "low form" periods that we have since become accustomed to. I posted the opinion that he was clearly talented but that he wasn't producing anything very effective. Someone whose opinion I respect suggested that I should stick with it however. I did that and eventually saw a stunning display, after which I revised my view.

My change of mind about N'Golo came the first time I saw him live but that is not the case with Nemanja.  I didn't like him when he was linked, I didn't like him during his first spell, I was pleased with his contribution during the first few months after his return, but we have been watching him for two seasons now. There is no room to make new discoveries about Nemanja. He is what he is and his limitations are a problem. As I've said before, I'll be surprised and very disappointed if he is still starting for us after September 2nd.

29 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

When Eden began to be linked I watched Lille a few times but caught him in one of his "low form" periods that we have since become accustomed to. I posted the opinion that he was clearly talented but that he wasn't producing anything very effective. Someone whose opinion I respect suggested that I should stick with it however. I did that and eventually saw a stunning display, after which I revised my view.

I don't think you got my point. Anyone even the best managers and scouts can be wrong about players. What you do is different. You mostly say we need a better player without even mentioning that better player. You don't want Matic as backup. That's fine, who would you like to see? Socar's whole point is that it is hard to find a good DM as a backup. Mention one or two names when you say "better players" and the discussions will be much more constructive I am sure.

Theres been many months that Matic was hailed by everyone as the best DM in the league and he couldn't do anything wrong.

We know he lacks any real technical quality creative wise and his passing backwards and not being able to take the ball with him does wind me up but has he changed so much or are we looking at him differently?

I dont see Cescy and Kante on their own strong enough defensively but in a 3 man CM he would get the time/space he needs for his magic passes.

Or do we see Chalobah as any alternative right now? Hes quite creative and defensive. I would like us to try that option more.

Or as Conte lseems he likes to build a break from the back and get it up to the WB maybe utilize Luiz into a deep pocket playmaker/CB. Hes comfortable on the ball and can do more creative wise than boot it upfield trying to find a forward.

Just questions I ask myself when we play.

7 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

I don't think you got my point. Anyone even the best managers and scouts can be wrong about players. What you do is different. You mostly say we need a better player without even mentioning that better player. You don't want Matic as backup. That's fine, who would you like to see? Socar's whole point is that it is hard to find a good DM as a backup. Mention one or two names when you say "better players" and the discussions will be much more constructive I am sure.

Diagnosis precedes cure but in any case there are many posts of mine in which I mention options I would like. More selective twaddle.