The Portuguese Liga Sagres Thread

Benfica are now 5 points clear in the league and 7 ahead of Porto. What a mess the latter have been Fonseca this season. That Porto v Benfica game on the last day of the season is slowly becoming redundant. Meh! :rant:

Fonseca sucks, shit's going down at Porto. Yesterday especially. Only Sporting can challenge Benfica now, but I'm not sure we're ready... But that match will still be very important.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fonseca sucks, shit's going down at Porto. Yesterday especially. Only Sporting can challenge Benfica now, but I'm not sure we're ready... But that match will still be very important.

If there's anything that going to cost Benfica, it's probably their Europa League games and subsequent tiredness, if any. Can only see Sporting catching up that way.

As for Fonseca, apparently in his Europa League presser the other day, he called Eintracht Frankfurt as Eintracht 'Bayern' and mentioned their second leg tie is in Leverkusen as opposed to Frankfurt. Hilarious when I saw it.

If there's anything that going to cost Benfica, it's probably their Europa League games and subsequent tiredness, if any. Can only see Sporting catching up that way.

As for Fonseca, apparently in his Europa League presser the other day, he called Eintracht Frankfurt as Eintracht 'Bayern' and mentioned their second leg tie is in Leverkusen as opposed to Frankfurt. Hilarious when I saw it.

Let's hope they choke everything away again, I fucking hate them.

Not to mention Borussia lol he's way out of his league managing Porto plus the squad is weak. They deserve it after all the corruption.

Let's hope they choke everything away again, I fucking hate them.

Not to mention Borussia lol he's way out of his league managing Porto plus the squad is weak. They deserve it after all the corruption.

I don't know about the corruption but he definitely look out of his depth from what I've been hearing and the squad is indeed weak. Wonder if even Vitor Pereira could have done better with it or if Porto still have Rodriguez, Moutinho etc, then maybe things could have been better under Fonseca.

@, once again I can't quote you. I'd send you some videos but most of them are in Portuguese so it's kinda pointless. IMO Pereira would've done better with this squad and obviously Fonseca would be doing better with Moutinho and James. Those two would adress their main problem.

@, once again I can't quote you. I'd send you some videos but most of them are in Portuguese so it's kinda pointless. IMO Pereira would've done better with this squad and obviously Fonseca would be doing better with Moutinho and James. Those two would adress their main problem.

Can't quote again? What happened?

Might want to inform Jim about it.

Can't quote again? What happened?

Might want to inform Jim about it.

When I tried to quote you the whole page appeared on the reply space. Hard to explain better than this lol.

Benfica is so unlucky though...

Everytime they have a big chance of winning an European Cup once again, someone bigger than them gets knocked out of the Champions League (Chelsea, Juventus, etc).

Fuck them bro, I don't care. According to them they're the biggest club in the world so whatever.

Fuck them bro, I don't care. According to them they're the biggest club in the world so whatever.

Aperently they boast that because of registered 'socios' or members that they have, paying memberships as well. Bayern will usurp Benfica shortly in having the biggest members club. Last time I checked Bayern were in second with 217,000 registered members and we had 240,000 at Benfica. We have a lot of these guys though, lies, there's only 1 Paulo Parreira <3. It's only biggest club by membership, not through history, records or financial power.

I dont care if you dont care!

This is an open forum and just because I posted an opinion on the Portuguese League thread it doesnt mean it was intended to you...

I just commented on what you said, wtf.

Ok, that was way over the top on my part. Sorry!

I guess this is what happens after you have 24 beers forced through your throat as a "welcome prank" in University...

Hilarious is right, but you know, seeing this interview when he looked totally confused and not even getting opponent's name right and in the last 5 minutes of Estoril game when the whole stadium was abusing him and he just stood there with head bowed, my first thought was "poor guy". He's just not good enough for a club of this stature. Like Moyes, I guess, but while I love laughing at Moyes I somehow just pity Fonseca.

Though it doesn't stop me wishing that he gets as far from Porto as possible and as soon as possible.

Is it true that he offered to resign and was told to stay?

Hilarious is right, but you know, seeing this interview when he looked totally confused and not even getting opponent's name right and in the last 5 minutes of Estoril game when the whole stadium was abusing him and he just stood there with head bowed, my first thought was "poor guy". He's just not good enough for a club of this stature. Like Moyes, I guess, but while I love laughing at Moyes I somehow just pity Fonseca.

Though it doesn't stop me wishing that he gets as far from Porto as possible and as soon as possible.

Is it true that he offered to resign and was told to stay?

He has looked out of his depth but tonight's ridiculous comeback against E.Frankfurt has probably kept him his job a little while longer. And not too sure about the resignation part. Only saw there were rumours on them.

And RTP says that Porto's coach again asked the president to fire him, and it's already 3rd or 4th time he does it.

The liga is boring, you are right, but Porto is a comedy in itself this season (and I'm not thinking it's funny because it's a club when some of my favorite players played back then so I'm not liking it one bit).

But on the other hand - not so boring, there's going to be a fight for 3rd place between Estoril and Porto... And by the way Estoril plays refreshingly well.

Porto involved in yet another where a team throw away a 2-0 lead. Hilarious. The Portuguese league is really dull this season. Looks like Benfica will just walk away with the title with ease.

Lol, you sound just like every Benfica fan.