Singing section at The Bridge

Okay guys. Am I the only one who would like a singing section at The Bridge where active fans wants to sing all 90 minutes? The atmosphere of the home support all around the Premier League is very bad.

Away fans is the for me the "active" fans and if you listen to our away support, you can hear how much and how loud we sing, pretty proud of having such a nice away support.
Imagine if we could have that kind of support at home?

#AMF

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys. Am I the only one who would like a singing section at The Bridge where active fans wants to sing all 90 minutes? The atmosphere of the home support all around the Premier League is very bad.

Away fans is the for me the "active" fans and if you listen to our away support, you can hear how much and how loud we sing, pretty proud of having such a nice away support.

Imagine if we could have that kind of support at home?

#AMF

the support has not been the same at the Bridge since we lost the Shed terraces ,,, there are other factors though and some were discussed in the Standing thread ,,

I think your thread might well get merged with it

I just don't see any improvements in the near future to the atmosphere at British football grounds.

1 - A serious reduction in ticket prices to make football accessible to the working/lower -middle class.

2- An increase in 18-30 year old fans who probably make the lion-share of the noise

3- An end to aggressive stewarding and politically correct language guidelines that make many people fear criminal repercussions for passionate displays.

4- The introduction of safe-standing areas.

5- The increased vocality of some tourists or corporate fans, or the understanding that they sit in specific areas.

I think all five of those things would have to happen before you saw anything like what they have in somewhere like Germany. However it's not in the commercial interests of those who run the show and so I see no reason why any of them will occur. Plus, your average football fan is probably changing into someone who may not want any of those things anyway.

The truth is there is always going to be a problem while posh businessman are telling people to sit down (when i went to the Birmingham match in 10/11, someone a few rows across was actually conducting a businessmen during the match).

They should be told in no uncertain terms that if people want to shout and sing, then they have to suck it.