• De Bruyne (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Lampard (sub)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know who Paes is?! And you call yourself Indian!!! :readthemessage:

i think you got that wrong, the lad is not expecting someone to ask him who Leander Paes is because everybody should know who he is you know.

as for the game i think we did a pretty good job albeit i was expecting something different from Schalke in this two matches, but i think this showed Bundesliga's limits. I really think we could play the B-side against any other opponent in Germany, except for bayern and borussia, and still get a clean sheet at the end of the game.

ps: cahill-terry looks like a solid pairing and i think jose will stick with them when meeting big teams and rami-mikel should be the pivot from now on. Also willian is the real deal, he is such a great player to watch and sammy eto'o i think is starting to show his class

off topic: talking about willian, just have a look at tottenham forum - after tonight's game against sherif(?????????????), fucking sherif tiraspol from moldova!!!, lamela is the new cristiano ronaldo and eriksen is compared to oscar and makes ozil looks shite... holy fuck!

I am just through the 1st half of this match today and this is what I've seen so far:

The team began playing better after the opening 10-14 minutes, as some here have already said.

1. Mikel (or Essien) should be given starts alongside Ramires. Chelsea don't have other options, but Lampard is a certain non-starter. And, I say this as someone who has not liked Mikel in the past, but thinks he should be given a chance to move around, be more progressive, alternating with Ramires.

2. Willian, Schuerrle, and Eto'o all work well together;

3. the hang-up is likely Oscar, who I have always doubted as a central attacking midfielder behind the CF. I would rather see Oscar's starting position pushed back to the left of center, where Lampard has preferred to begin his play. I could never understand why Oscar is expected to start almost directly up against the defensive midfielder or the centerbacks.

4. Ivanovic is utterly out of ideas at right back. Please change this, Chelsea.

5. Azpi looked very strong, sharp, confident for a guy who hasn't had regular playing time. congratulations to him. I would say Benitez should not be allowed to take him, but we'll see how he performs if given more starts in the league.

6. Mourinho should consider using a normal 4-3-3 with Eto'o, Willian, Schuerrle in the lineup. Eto'o is accustomed to 4-3-3, so is Schuerrle. Oscar has never looked like an attacking midfielder to me since I watched him in Porto Alegre.