Questions From Newcastle Fans

YCCMY

Hi there, I'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans questions before a match as part of our pre match build up. I couldn't see where to put a post like this so I stuck it here. You're welcome to move it! Anyway here are the questions:

1 – How do you think you’ll line up?
2 – How was Chelsea's summer? Are you happy with the transfer deals done?
3 – What is your view on Demba Ba? Why hasn't it worked for him at Chelsea?
4 – Do you have any talent coming through your academy? Who are the ‘ones to watch’?
5 – Who should we watch out for / who is your biggest threat?
6 – Which of our players do you consider to be our biggest threat?
7 – What is your prediction for Chelsea this season?
8 – How do you think Newcastle will do this season?
9 – Scoreline prediction?
10 – If your football club was a fruit, what fruit would it be?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans questions before a match as part of our pre match build up. I couldn't see where to put a post like this so I stuck it here. You're welcome to move it! Anyway here are the questions:

4 – Do you have any talent coming through your academy? Who are the ‘ones to watch’?

1. Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Hazard, Schurrle, Willian, Torres

2. Very good. Schurrle has proved to me everything I knew he would be, a very squad player but mass amounts of work ethic. Signings like Willian had made the squad the best around IMO.

3. Ba was bought as a stop gap, he's done OK for me but was never going to rip up teams. He's done everything asked of him and I can't fault him really.

4. Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek and Ake are all one's to watch.

5. Ramires, bloke is an absolute beast and best box to box midfielder around best finisher at the club. Also, hopefully Torres, been immense last few weeks seems to have pace again and strength.

6. Ben Arfa, brilliantly talented and one I worry about as he can make something from nothing.

7. I think it's between us and City still for the league, I think the Jose factor may just edge us over the line.

8. Mid-table, plenty of decent players so the drop won't come into it for me.

9. 3-1 Chelsea

10. Banana

1. Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill/Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard, Torres

2. I doubt you'll find anyone who thinks we addressed our problem areas (midfield and striker) as they'd have wanted and a few loans (mainly Lukaku) weren't seen by everyone as good deals but the most important one was getting Mourinho back in and he's building something here again. There's a great sense of unity and cohesion whoever is selected at the moment.

3. He's a decent player and he's had a couple of good moments but our system isn't always kind to strikers and he's probably going to leave sooner rather than later. Any offers?

4. Lots. A few are on loan right now (Chalobah being the primary one) whilst there's the likes of Nathan Ake, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Jeremie Boga, Islam Feruz....a fairly decent list.

5. This season everything has gone through Oscar. He's the reason Mata hasn't played and for all his goals and creativity it's his workrate that tends to catch the eye the most. Torres seems to be regaining something approaching form as well.

6. Ben Arfa probably. Cabaye is the player you need to stop in my view but if Ben Arfa is in the mood then he could produce some magic.

7. Title-challenging. City were the biggest threat but actually seem far more porous than they were under Mancini. United are in something of a transition whilst Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal are still a couple of players short.

8. I think they could be dragged into the relegation battle if they're not careful because (apart from Palace who are doomed) there are maybe 8 teams who could find themselves in danger.

9. 1-1....that's what I always expect when we travel to Newcastle.

10. It wouldn't. It'd be celery.

1. 4-3-3

Cech. David-Luis-Terry-Bert. Lamp-Rambo.oscar. Willian-Hazard-Torres

2. Nah, brah. We signed lampard for no reason. Didn't buy cavani and we bought more Ams. In addition, we could of bought a cm or 2 beside MVG. Also, we should of sold both Luiz and Mata at their peak prices, knowing that their were not going to be as influential with Mourinho as manager... Also, we could of loaned out KDB or sold him or even swap him for a German CM.

3. Doesnt work for him cause Chelsea FC is not a CF friendly system....

4. People claim we have talent, but I'm not in England so I dont really watch the youngns. However, I doubt any of them make it to first team...(unless you count ake)

5. TORRES... He is looking for blood.

6. Ben Arfa, sisokko, and cabaye.

7. 1-2

8. You guys suck for the amount of talent you have on the squad...Newcastle should be fighting for Europa spots at least.. You have the whole french contingent on your squad.. I blame Pardew,

9. 3-0

10. N/a

1. 4-3-3

2. Nah, brah. We signed lampard for no reason. Didn't buy cavani and we bought more Ams. In addition, we could of bought a cm or 2 beside MVG. Also, we should of sold both Luiz and Mata at their peak prices, knowing that their were not going to be as influential with Mourinho as manager... Also, we could of loaned out KDB or sold him or even swap him for a German CM.

4. People claim we have talent, but I'm not in England so I dont really watch the youngns. However, I doubt any of them make it to first team...(unless you count ake)

7. 1-2

8. You guys suck for the amount of talent you have on the squad...Newcastle should be fighting for Europa spots at least.. You have the whole french contingent on your squad.. I blame Pardew,

9. 3-0

10. N/a

Don't merely say 'N/a' to the most important question! :rant:

1. 4-3-3

7. 1-2

9. 3-0

10. N/a

Just cos they've had a game or 2 for France doesn't mean they're any good. (point 8).

Cisse dropped for Shola? Says it all really B)