Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Just out of interest...

Mr Abramovich looses it and thinks "screw this, i'm off"

What happens to us?

Would we slowly drop down because of all the money we owe?

Would we be fincially secure?

Would another person/ company invest in us?

Might not happen, but just interested.

Thoughts and opinions?

I beleive (I may be wrong ) the person who buys us after Roman, has to be quite rich. But one thing is sure, we will lose players as the new owner may not be able to pay their salaries. We may not be the same power we are atm. We are what we are because of Roman. We may once agains become a mid table team.

I wont get too dragged into this because it's something you will find on a scouse forum but....he has put money away for the club just in case anything happens (ala Harding RIP) Also his son will take over after he retires.

I have said this hundreds of times (well it feels like it) He isn't going anywhere! ;)

Also Ashley at Newcastle is a mad Chelsea fan so if anything does happen to the whole family(which it wont) lets say you would like to think he would jump on board.

If Ken Bates can be at Chelsea for 20 odd years, I dont see any reason why a passionate Chelsea Fan like Roman wouldnt be with Chelsea for more than 20 years. How many owners do you see going to the away games of their clubs leave alone the home games....Roman does, and so does his kid and so does his Hot Biatch!!

I don't think that Roman will leave. And if he did then i don't think we will be in too much trouble. We do not owe money in the way that Man you, Arsenal and Liverpool do! Anyone who buys the club after him are going to have to pay quite a bit of money, and also they will have to be willing to invest, and at the moment there are quite a few people/groups out there willing to do that.

Can't say I'm too worried about the situation as the moves that The club have made to secure Chelsea's financial future are excellent. When I say moves I mean getting rid of the external debt first ie; the only money we now owe is to Roman himself and secondly the amount of money and effort being invested into the youth academy is designed to reduce our reliance on huge transfer fees, in the future I think the emphasis will be on producing a large majority of our players through the ranks.