German American National team?

Should I be disconcerted over the fact that Jurgen Klingus brings in so many German (Americn) players for the USA National team? I mean if a guy has dual citzenship I am fine with him representing who ever he wants, but ole Klingus is making the USA team into a giant sausage festival. Jones, Fabian Johnson, Timmy Chandler, now John Brooks and at least 2 others now. I mean it is is good for USA quality but should I care? A-Style is confused about how he feels about this. I know other national teams do it, Mexico does it all the time and even Germany seems to but I have troubles over this. And it doesnt help that I have a inner fear of Germans, anytime I see one I believe he wants to establish dominance over me. They play soccer so physically in our sunday league. Even though I am rated, they always are stomping and tackling very aggresively in our match games. Like I have taken their breakfast. I feel like Klingus is battering me now. Maybe I shouldn't care. But if the USA wins the World Cup, I think Germany will be proud and should celebrate the fact that they played a big role. Thank you Germany, I like very much you.

Edited by TheTrequartista

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well names likes Jones, Johnson or Brooks don't sound very german to me so what exactly is your problem with them playing for the USA?

Yes I see my error. Citizenship and national identity are usually determined by the sound of one's last name. Klinsy has been criticized for his efforts by some here and the national side lampooned at times by some rivals, notably Mexico. So it seems that many have an issue with it although I did say I am fine with it, which would be diametrically opposed to the flaccid, and altogether spurious offering that I have problem with it. Think of it more as an issue I am reflecting on, not in a morose manner or sullenly mind you, but in the spirit of cerebral pontification. I fully understand the zeitgheist, or spirit of the times, being one of significant cross-cultrual fornication and the sharing of trans-atlantic love juice. I indeed support these later-listed endevours quite vociferously.

Who cares? There are lot of Aussies with Eastern European heritage playing for the Socceroos but that's it. Heritage. They are Aussies so they play for the Socceroos. If they weren't, they'd be trying to play for Croatia or Ukraine.

German, Mexican, English, Scottish or Russian. It doesn't matter, if they show up for the team and play with passion and love, that's all you can ask for.

Edited by Spike Spiegel

Same with a lot of national teams.

Scotland have had James Morrison, English born, Shaun Maloney,born in Malaysia, and Phil Bardsley, born in England, playing for them. Germany have a few Turks and Poles in their team, Podolski, Ozil, Khedira, Klose... Portugal had Deco (born in Brazil) playing for them for many years, Pepe is also a regular for them, born in Brazil... Higuain born in France, plays for Argentina....

A-Style is confused about how he feels about this.

P.S referring to yourself in third person is twatish.

Are you a Redneck?

There are african and turkish rooted playing for Germany,too. So what.

And I can't remember a USA-Nationalteam this good for the past 30 years.

Edited by enes

• 4 weeks later...

This is done by almost every successful international team in the world, so the US should try to emulate this. Klinsmen has the US playing brilliantly. And we actually have an identity and a style of play.