Another European Cup

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stockholm 15 Years ago Today !! Zola came on after 70 mins and did this....

Shit yes .... I remember that (even though I wasn't a Chelsea fan back then, not even a fan actually ...)

I hardly remember it - I was only five at the time! But the 1997-2000 era was probably just as exciting a period as the current adventure under Abramovich. Some (only a few, sadly, I can barely remember that far back) wonderful memories for us all.

Stockholm 15 Years ago Today !! Zola came on after 70 mins and did this....

Jesus I was 18, How quickly time flies...

I couldn't believe it when that goal went in, Zola - Proper legend.

Used to love watching him at the bridge, a talent I think only Hazard has the ability to equal and maybe exceed.

I hardly remember it - I was only five at the time! But the 1997-2000 era was probably just as exciting a period as the current adventure under Abramovich. Some (only a few, sadly, I can barely remember that far back) wonderful memories for us all.

Good times, but what's amazing about that team was how many went on to be either managers or coaches.

GK 1 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Ed de Goey RWB 2 22px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png Dan Petrescu 10px-Redcard.svg.png 85' CB 5 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Frank Leboeuf CB 6 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Steve Clarke CB 12 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Michael Duberry LWB 17 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Danny Granville CM 11 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Dennis Wise (c) 10px-Yellowcard.svg.png25' CM 16 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Roberto Di Matteo AM 8 22px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png Gustavo Poyet 10px-Sub_off.svg.png81' ST 9 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Gianluca Vialli ST 19 22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Tore André Flo 10px-Sub_off.svg.png71' Substitutes: GK 13 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Kevin Hitchcock DF 18 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Andy Myers DF 26 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Laurent Charvet MF 28 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jody Morris MF 24 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Eddie Newton 10px-Sub_on.svg.png81' FW 10 22px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Mark Hughes FW 25 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Gianfranco Zola 10px-Sub_on.svg.png71' Player-Manager: Gianluca Vialli

By my count there's about 9 managers and 3 coaches from that lot including 2 Chelsea managers and 2 Chelsea coaches.

#leaders

Jesus I was 18, How quickly time flies...

I couldn't believe it when that goal went in, Zola - Proper legend.

Used to love watching him at the bridge, a talent I think only Hazard has the ability to equal and maybe exceed.

Hazard is very similar with the low centre of gravity -but this is unique and I dont think can be equalled

Hazard is very similar with the low centre of gravity -but this is unique and I dont think can be equalled

I didn't see this when it first happened but I've seen that video numerous times. What a player, surely the most talented player Chelsea have ever had. Hazard will be the closest to rival him in terms of sheer ability I feel.

- Against Liverpool

- Last game of the season

- His last game for us

- The game that got us into the Champions League, secured our future and brought in Roman

Fantastic.

This was pretty good as well :

Ferguson after the game called him ' a clever little so-and-so' :D

You are so right, I remember that we'll. Just watched that 5 times lol.

Still my favourite Chelsea player of all time (along with Frank) One of the reasons is I had never experienced a player like that at Chelsea, and to be honest didn't think we ever would, how times have changed.

It was a time when United had Cantona (the 2nd best foreigner to grace our shores in my opinion) and we had a player even better, I still remember boasting to my united mates that Zola was out selling Cantona shirts lol, sad but that was the only ammo I had at the time, apart from we always used to win at Old Trafford.

Would you be a darling and put up the clip of Zola walking around the united defence, palister, Bruce I think and score past Schmeichl, near side post. You know the one. sorry I don't know how.

It's was like time stood still for the united defence, and all they could do was watch the genius walk past them. Nothing they could do.

It was quite surreal, I remember thinking that the referee had blown for something so everyone stopped apart from Zola.

Fucking brilliant, pardon my language.

Good times, but what's amazing about that team was how many went on to be either managers or coaches.

GK 1 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Ed de Goey RWB 2 22px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png Dan Petrescu 10px-Redcard.svg.png 85' CB 5 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Frank Leboeuf CB 6 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Steve Clarke CB 12 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Michael Duberry LWB 17 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Danny Granville CM 11 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Dennis Wise (c) 10px-Yellowcard.svg.png25' CM 16 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Roberto Di Matteo AM 8 22px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png Gustavo Poyet 10px-Sub_off.svg.png81' ST 9 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Gianluca Vialli ST 19 22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Tore André Flo 10px-Sub_off.svg.png71' Substitutes: GK 13 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Kevin Hitchcock DF 18 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Andy Myers DF 26 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Laurent Charvet MF 28 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jody Morris MF 24 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Eddie Newton 10px-Sub_on.svg.png81' FW 10 22px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Mark Hughes FW 25 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Gianfranco Zola 10px-Sub_on.svg.png71' Player-Manager: Gianluca Vialli

By my count there's about 9 managers and 3 coaches from that lot including 2 Chelsea managers and 2 Chelsea coaches.

#leaders

That's a very good point. Wise was once talking about the 97 FA Cup win and made the exact same point. They were an incredible group of smart players with a lot of leadership qualities.

PS: Hashtags are sooo out of character for you! :lol: