R.I.P Nick Broad

James

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea Football Club is greatly saddened by the news that our former member of staff Nick Broad has passed away following a road traffic accident in Paris on Thursday.

Paris St-Germain, for whom Nick was working as performance director, confirmed his death this afternoon (Saturday). He was 38 years old.

He spent six years as an important member of the backroom staff at Chelsea, first as nutritionist and later as head of sports science, working with the medical and coaching departments. He had previously worked with Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City.

He left Chelsea in the summer of 2011 and was later reunited with Carlo Ancelotti and assistant coach Paul Clement at Paris St-Germain.

Chelsea Football Club Sports Medicine and Science Department has paid the following tribute:

'Nick Broad was a highly dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated professional, who had an innovative and inventive approach to one of the most challenging environments in professional football.

'His unique talents made him an international leader in his field of sports nutrition and football performance, these talents being an integral part to the successes Chelsea FC enjoyed through his six years at the club.

'Nick's positivity, sense of humour and passion for both work, and life in general, impacted on the lives of many past and present staff and players of the Chelsea Football Club family, and his professional contributions while at the club remain the foundation of many current practices in the club's Sports Medicine and Science Department.

'Those who knew, worked with and shared some very happy years with Nick have all been shocked and deeply saddened by the tragic news of his accident and premature passing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Paula and his family and friends. He will be sadly missed by many.'

Chief Executive Ron Gourlay said: 'This is tragic news. It is a tremendous shock to everyone at Chelsea Football Club. Our thoughts are with his family and everybody who knew Nick.

'He will be remembered at Chelsea as a popular and likeable member of staff. He was a dedicated and knowledgeable professional who worked tirelessly during a period when the club progressed behind the scenes and achieved great success on the pitch.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3046534/title/nick-broad

I bet more than half the people posting RIP have no idea who he was

I will admit I had no idea who he was, but I did my research afterwards...

Also, what is the problem with paying our respects?