NBC Universal close to acquiring Premier League rights in America

Chelseapony

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would probably just create a new channel people will have to pay extra for -_-

Anyway i've always preferred ESPN, shame they lost CL and now will also lose PL football.

did Fox socce channel lose the rights to Serie A? they no longer show the games for some reson?

WOW, things so much easier in Brazil. ESPN owns everything, FOX Sports owns Serie A and Libertadores, Globo owns Brazileirao and F1.

You do not have to keep paying for special channels that only show one content...

Hard to know what to make of this. I don't know why the FA don't set up a pay site. My friend lives in Australia and bought NFL Pass and MLB Extra innings and can watch every single game live streaming (alternatively, you can just buy every game your team plays which costs less money, monthly packages or even one game). If the Premier League did the same, I'd buy the package in a second.

Yeah mate, to Bein Sport. I need to get that channel :lol:

i've been reading sooo much on this NBC thing now... ok here's a few bulet points

• wont compromise the pre-and post match shows and will have a weekly round up of all the matches
  • they will show EVERY game they can with the 3 saturday slots, 2 sunday and 1 monday slots being on live (no pay TV) whihcadds up to 200 games,, the other 180 will most likely be on NBCSN or other paid additional channel.
  • they will thankfully acquire cmentators from ESPN (hopefully IMO ian darke, robbie mustoe, efan ekoku, derek rae)
  • it WILL NOT be like the olmypics line-up with pre-recorded matches and channel surfing for the matches,, they will create a steady schedule so we know where to cath the games instead of flipping to bravo network or other NBC affiliates.

here's the true article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/richard_deitsch/10/28/nbc-confirms-epl-deal/index.html

damn,, man ima miss the FSC and all the hard work they did but NBC should, should do a better job in helping it grow even faster in the U.S...what i wanted to know is whether you hated the FSC analyst team like soo many seem to? i was browing countless discussion threads after news broke of NBC getting EPl and all were bashing the FSC team especially Warren Barton and Eric WYnalda (who i didnt like that much but nowhere near as much as the others)

also who were your fav commentators? mine are the ones i hope they pull from ESPN,, those guys are top quality.

also read about beIN sport,, its an Al Jazeera company which has bought nearly all the fucking leagues! Italian, French, Portugese and i think La liga! i wish FS can pull back the Seria A or Bundesliga from GOL TV becasue then we'd have 2 leagues back weekly (for which we dont have to pay extra) instead of just the EPL every week.

i've been reading sooo much on this NBC thing now... ok here's a few bulet points

• wont compromise the pre-and post match shows and will have a weekly round up of all the matches
  • they will show EVERY game they can with the 3 saturday slots, 2 sunday and 1 monday slots being on live (no pay TV) whihcadds up to 200 games,, the other 180 will most likely be on NBCSN or other paid additional channel.
  • they will thankfully acquire cmentators from ESPN (hopefully IMO ian darke, robbie mustoe, efan ekoku, derek rae)
  • it WILL NOT be like the olmypics line-up with pre-recorded matches and channel surfing for the matches,, they will create a steady schedule so we know where to cath the games instead of flipping to bravo network or other NBC affiliates.

here's the true article: http://sportsillustr...deal/index.html

damn,, man ima miss the FSC and all the hard work they did but NBC should, should do a better job in helping it grow even faster in the U.S...what i wanted to know is whether you hated the FSC analyst team like soo many seem to? i was browing countless discussion threads after news broke of NBC getting EPl and all were bashing the FSC team especially Warren Barton and Eric WYnalda (who i didnt like that much but nowhere near as much as the others)

also who were your fav commentators? mine are the ones i hope they pull from ESPN,, those guys are top quality.

also read about beIN sport,, its an Al Jazeera company which has bought nearly all the fucking leagues! Italian, French, Portugese and i think La liga! i wish FS can pull back the Seria A or Bundesliga from GOL TV becasue then we'd have 2 leagues back weekly (for which we dont have to pay extra) instead of just the EPL every week.

Have no problems with FSC analysts, they do a decent job. My favourite commentators are the ESPN one's, would be great if NBC get them. And the NBC deal does sound exciting, will offer more games to watch than FSC or ESPN!

im happy for this. time to go back to digital preferred cable. i pay 195 dollars with sport package, although nbc has collishing problems, i don't think this will happen with epl, alot of fans in america are excited, fox soccer is not hd every where, and finally comcast sees this! know we get 5 nbc channels on basic cables, with nbc, they are not tied down, they can shut off msnbc and show epl games, 6 games a week? while premier league only shows 4. is great! NBC SPORT HD LOOKS better then espn! than you

THIS IS A BLESSING!