Website hosting, forum closed during matches, 'server too busy'

Hi,

Could someone point me in the right direction?

I have been lurking in the shadows for a while observing a few of the larger premier leagues fans forums.

I have made the following observations about this community:

The forum is closed during what would otherwise be high traffic periods - a crying shame.

The forum slows markedly and starts throwing up 'server too busy' messages around 650 people online.

I provide managed hosting for another large premier league community and would like to make the offer of having a go at solving this websites hosting issues. So that the forum can remain open and better serve its members.

I have already had a poke around (looked at the http headers where I noticed a certain piece of software being mentioned) and thus noted that the forum is not making the most efficient use of its hosting resources.

My aim is to provide massively more capacity for the same or very similar price to the current cost of hosting. EG most recently I took a community that was slowing down at 500 concurrent users and breaking entirely at about 700 concurrent users to being able to host 1100 without finding the limits of the server. Estimated 'pushing it' capacity 1600 online users all without increasing their monthly spend.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic