Hows This For A Friendly Match.........

Before the start of the Glasgow Rangers UEFA game on BBC radio Scotland, One of the presenters announced that they had "Breaking News" from SFA HQ at Hampden Park, Which was that IRAN (!) had invited Scotland to play a friendly match in Tehran on May 28th. Fuck me, you wouldnt fancy that much would you?

I have a few friends that regulary travel to watch Scotland abroad and from the ones I've spoken to so far (Four), Only one would consider travelling, That was until I pointed out that there will probably be no alcohol available in Iran :mouthclosed: And that if the demon drink was found on your person, You'd no doubt be burned at the stake (after having your gonads removed of course)

There's been no word on whether the SFA are going to accept or not, I am personally dead against it................Then again, If George Burley was to invite Grant along as a temp coach then strangely I would be all for it. :whistling:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to what the Yanks (they want their oil) and our press say they're a right friendly bunch. Seriously, OK they got the mad clerics, from that Religous Revolution. But that was just a backlash to the Shah, a US puppet who was a right cunt installed by the CIA. (think Grant with a load of medals and a sword) Before the Shah they were one of the most democratic countries on earth, BUT they decided they wanted to keep most of their oil.(I'm sure Scotland wanted to keep it's North Sea Gas until Thatcher the Cunt sold it off). cue a sponsored CIA takeover so the Septics could have their oil.

OK ranting now -the point is had a mate who worked there ..and heres the important bit -booze is abundant ...''Hafez's city of Shiraz, after all, is so renowned for its vineyards, it has given its name to one of the world's most popular varieties of wine.

And at the back of the old brewery, Shirazis are still keen to preserve their local traditions.

Scouring the alleys on the lookout for religious police, youths in loose leather jackets stuffed with illicit substances bike round town - mobile off-licences peddling beer, vodka and opium.''

Their football team aint bad either

Contrary to what the Yanks (they want their oil) and our press say they're a right friendly bunch. Seriously, OK they got the mad clerics, from that Religous Revolution. But that was just a backlash to the Shah, a US puppet who was a right cunt installed by the CIA. (think Grant with a load of medals and a sword) Before the Shah they were one of the most democratic countries on earth, BUT they decided they wanted to keep most of their oil.(I'm sure Scotland wanted to keep it's North Sea Gas until Thatcher the Cunt sold it off). cue a sponsored CIA takeover so the Septics could have their oil.

OK ranting now -the point is had a mate who worked there ..and heres the important bit -booze is abundant ...''Hafez's city of Shiraz, after all, is so renowned for its vineyards, it has given its name to one of the world's most popular varieties of wine.

And at the back of the old brewery, Shirazis are still keen to preserve their local traditions.

Scouring the alleys on the lookout for religious police, youths in loose leather jackets stuffed with illicit substances bike round town - mobile off-licences peddling beer, vodka and opium.''

Their football team aint bad either

Fuck me you've certainly changed my earlier opinion old bean, Might have a wee trek over myself if the oppertunity arises :smiliecap1: Whisky and Opium? Sounds a bit more lively than the more seasoned Whisky and Irn Bru methinks.

Hands across the sea and all that.

Wonder if they sell Buckfast and Macaroon bars over there? :drunk:

You cant beat a good opium den :) Buckie might be a bit optimistic, because of the religous freaks -then again its made by monks ? and its strange that booze is banned from the place that has the first evidence of beer drinking.

Think you're right Elliott, the Brits did have a part in 'false flag ' operations so BP could have a few barrels of oil as well.

You cant beat a good opium den :) Buckie might be a bit optimistic, because of the religous freaks -then again its made by monks ? and its strange that booze is banned from the place that has the first evidence of beer drinking.

Think you're right Elliott, the Brits did have a part in 'false flag ' operations so BP could have a few barrels of oil as well.

Do you think your average Iranian would welcome being introduced to the fabled buckie? It is after all, as you correctly stated, by deeply religious men. Maybe a couple of bottles and a wee sniff of the old devil's dandruff might give them a different outlook on things in general :smiliecap1: