Danny Simpson

Billy.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many people thought the same about Gary Cahill who was effectively an Aston Villa reject?

True but this is Man United we are talking about. IF Fergie had rated him, he would have kept Simpson and turn him into classy RB rather than having to go through all the problems with RB now.

I'm not saying he will pull up any trees but people have to look at it objectively. Would they rather spend £15m on a backup and then buy a £15m winger or save the money and spend the bulk on a special first choice player. We spent £16m on bosingwa it guarantees nothing, especially with our recent track record of right backs.

I get where you are coming from but you also gotta think of the future. Ivanovic is already 28 and in 3-4 years time, he will need replacement and a good one at that! With the lack of quality fullbacks in football right now, it will be best for us to snap up and quality ones or has the potential to be one now for a low price rather than possibly having to pay a fortune later on.

True but this is Man United we are talking about. IF Fergie had rated him, he would have kept Simpson and turn him into classy RB rather than having to go through all the problems with RB now.

I get where you are coming from but you also gotta think of the future. Ivanovic is already 28 and in 3-4 years time, he will need replacement and a good one at that! With the lack of quality fullbacks in football right now, it will be best for us to snap up and quality ones or has the potential to be one now for a low price rather than possibly having to pay a fortune later on.

At the time when he left, united had rafael, neville, o'shea and brown who could play right back. The fact rafael and fabio haven't developed how fergie would have liked shows every manager makes mistakes with youth. Also two players fergie let leave - gerard pique and guiseppe rossi and they've turned out ok.

I understand your point on a younger option for ivanovic but IMO there are areas of the first xi which requires change. We have time to find a longer term right back option but we dont have time to find a new right winger.

I'm not saying he's top quality by any means but he has been first choice in a team that will finish above us. Can i ask, given the transfer fee, wages and added bonus of a homegrown player, a better alternative?

I understand your point on a younger option for ivanovic but IMO there are areas of the first xi which requires change. We have time to find a longer term right back option but we dont have time to find a new right winger.

Other areas may need changes but so is the RB.

I'm not saying he's top quality by any means but he has been first choice in a team that will finish above us. Can i ask, given the transfer fee, wages and added bonus of a homegrown player, a better alternative?

Yeah, then in 1-2 years time, we'll be going out and search for another RB again. IF you wanna talk about getting RB from Newcastle, I would suggest getting Davide Santon. Otherwise, we should be looking elsewhere unless we want to become like Liverpool and buy average English talents to be come a mid-table club!

Its nothing like Liverpool - they have spent millions on average english players for their first xi. A backup full back for a couple of mill is completely different.

We cannot spend £15-20m on every player and i'm happy the club are thinking more at their targets and looking to make shrewd moves.

Buying van der wiel, azpilicueta or someone similar is only an option if they are starters - the club can no longer afford with the FFP rules to spend big on players who wont play regularly.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You