Hilario signs extension

BlueLion.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me this decision sums up what has/is wrong with our club, a less than average keeper being given a contract extension when we have a brilliant keeper in Courtois who should be brought back next season to start getting familiar with the PL & who knows he could even oust Cech, also as LDN has quite rightly pointed out that we have 2 young lads who should be given experience ahead of Hilario.

Nothing against Hilario - like the fella, same as Ferreira but its about time our the board started using a tiny bit of common sense by finally utilizing our youth system in favour of over paid, over aged players who are just blocking a path for young talent. Surely with FFP just around the corner it would make sense to bring in more youngsters for business reasons alone, that's not too mention the huge outlay the board have spent trying to introduce a successful youth set up!

For me this decision sums up what has/is wrong with our club, a less than average keeper being given a contract extension when we have a brilliant keeper in Courtois who should be brought back next season to start getting familiar with the PL & who knows he could even oust Cech, also as LDN has quite rightly pointed out that we have 2 young lads who should be given experience ahead of Hilario.

Nothing against Hilario - like the fella, same as Ferreira but its about time our the board started using a tiny bit of common sense by finally utilizing our youth system in favour of over paid, over aged players who are just blocking a path for young talent. Surely with FFP just around the corner it would make sense to bring in more youngsters for business reasons alone, that's not too mention the huge outlay the board have spent trying to introduce a successful youth set up!

But why have Courtois rot on our bench when he's getting valuable experience at Atletico?

How do you know he would be on the bench? If he is good enough to play weekin-weekout in la liga, why would he not be good enough to play in the PL?

Oh by the way I believe you posted something about Sam Tillen (think he plays for your team in Iceland?) a few months back? Well its a small world cus believe it or not I played with & against his dad Lee many years back!

How do you know he would be on the bench? If he is good enough to play weekin-weekout in la liga, why would he not be good enough to play in the PL?

Oh by the way I believe you posted something about Sam Tillen (think he plays for your team in Iceland?) a few months back? Well its a small world cus believe it or not I played with & against his dad Lee many years back!

I think he's good enough to play in the PL, I just don't think he's good enough to replace Cech... yet.

You are correct, he wrote an article about JT that I translated and posted it here. He's not in my team but every football fan in Iceland knows of him. But wow it really is a small world!

I think he's good enough to play in the PL, I just don't think he's good enough to replace Cech... yet.

You are correct, he wrote an article about JT that I translated and posted it here. He's not in my team but every football fan in Iceland knows of him. But wow it really is a small world!

You maybe right but I havn't been convinced by Cech's performances this season & Courtois is better than Hilario & Turnbull so would make sense to bring him back, especially if there is an injury to Cech.

I was 16 /17 at the time & making my way up in the game, Lee was a Striker & useful player too. I didn't know Sam or his brother I think his name was Joe? The family were from my area not sure they still are as I havn't seen Lee for atleast 20 years, whoops showing my age now!!!