Sunderland Opposition Views

Steve

BlackCatAndADandyDon from Sunderland-mad.co.uk had kindly answered some questions on today's Premier League encounter!

- How long have you supported Sunderland for? Wasn't big on football as a young lad but my grandad worked for our old sponsors (vardys) so remember having a few free tops, ball, etc. so when i got to about 10 and got into football i supported the team who had given to me!

- Almost half way through the season, are you happy with the way the team is playing? Now? Yes, delighted! but under Bruce not at all, was never a fan and so glad he’s gone. MON is going to do very special things with this club

- Would you like to see any new players come in this transfer market? Yes, a few out as well. Marcel Jansen was linked early into the MON reign and he would totally solve our LB problem as well as providing cover for LM. A Striker is a must but not Zamora or Heskey! Personally I think AJ from Fulham on a 2 year deal would work well, would get a lot of game time this season and would be a nice 3rd choice for next season. Hoping to see Richardson go!

- Who has been your stand out player this season, and whom should we look out for? Our Stand out Player is Seb by a mile, top scorer and has a wand of a right foot! In the same mold as Beckham! Young James McClean has also been a sensation! Totally old school winger, every time he gets the ball it causes a Buzz, I always think he is going to do a Giggs style wonder goal. Looking forward to seeing how he copes against a big team away.

- The last time you came to the Bridge you upset us 3-0, do you think you can do it again? Yes! This side doesn’t fear anyone now, and even though a few injuries have popped up Chelsea currently are at 6's and 7's. dont seem to know what style of football to play and the likes of JT and Cech aren't what they were.

- Who is your favourite Chelsea player and why? Your current squad lacks any of the fav's from the past, always liked Ballack, Belletti, Crespo and Carvalho. Of the Current batch I like both Anelka and Malouda. Both very good at what they do and were a pleasure to watch 2 seasons ago.

- Do you think Sunderland can take advantage of Chelsea’s up and down season, what do you think the final score will be? As I said above Chelsea don’t know what they are doing at the min and it seems to be the old guard fighting against AVB and his new style of play. I can see us winning 4-2! Well I had a dream that was the result so I’ll go with that!

Click here to view the article

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely. If it is the latter, we will get turned over. Sunderland are a good team, but the most dangerous element of all is their confidence at the minute. They've played seven games under O'Neill, only lost one (and that was away at Tottenham)!

Precisely. If it is the latter, we will get turned over. Sunderland are a good team, but the most dangerous element of all is their confidence at the minute. They've played seven games under O'Neill, only lost one (and that was away at Tottenham)!

Then we're definitely going to win tonight!