Summer Transfers - The Ones I Fancy

the wes

we already have world class players in every position except rb and the wings....joe cole,malouda,wright phillips and kalou are good players but they are not world class....

in a big team such as Chelsea....world class wingers are what i would like to see in our club

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we already have world class players in every position except rb and the wings....joe cole,malouda,wright phillips and kalou are good players but they are not world class....

in a big team such as Chelsea....world class wingers are what i would like to see in our club

I agree, but Joe Cole is top top class. And Kalou is on his way to being top class too. He is the only one who will run at players with pace and try to beat them, which is what we need in our wingers.

I agree, but Joe Cole is top top class. And Kalou is on his way to being top class too. He is the only one who will run at players with pace and try to beat them, which is what we need in our wingers.

I feel Malouda has the potential -he was brilliant at Lyon. To me this highlights the problems that we will incur. I hate harking on about Mourinhi/Grant but Malouda would be playing better under Mourinho, he would motivate, bollock them, and be an inspiration. Theres noone to do that now, though maybe Ten Cates has a go now and again.

Agree that Ben Haim, Sidarro and Pisswell should be goners

1. I dont think we need another forward, kalou was so much better than klass jan in holland as a striker/ winger.

2. I think anelka is the same type of player to villa the only difference anelka is proven in the prem.

3. I feel either ballack or lampard will have to leave for a playmaker to come in.

As far as I'm aware, Paulo's contract expires at the end of the season - so he'll be off I think.

I think Ben-Haim may stay to be honest, remember Avram has said he likes a bigger squad than Jose did, and if Ivanovic is considered our "defensive right-back", then it leaves us with just three centre-backs.

If Ben-Haim does go with Paulo, I'd expect a new RB or CB to be signed, or Mancienne to step up (which I don't think he will).

As for a new striker, I think its fairly obvious Pizarro and/or Shevchenko will go so any one of Villa, Huntelaar or Benzema would be great. Perhaps Malouda could be used as bait to get Benzema from Lyon?

If Sinclair is going to step up and be a first team player here, I'd expect some progress with him before the season finishes. He was perhaps unfortunate as I thought he played very well vs Liverpool in the CC - but hasn't had a look in since. If he doesn't, I can see him being sold.

The only other position perhaps necessary would be midfield. We say it every year, but this could be Maka's last proper season at 35. Iniesta and van der Vaart were linked in January so perhaps someone like that will come in, or even Samir Nasri from Marseille. Although if we go back to 4-4-2 which I think we will to accomodate Didier/Nico, perhaps a CM won't be necessary.

As for Modric, £20million for someone playing in the Croatian league? No thanks.

The key to our success next year will be holding onto Frank, Didier and Essien - if we can, then we've got a big chance next year.

Two or three in, two or three out for me.

GK's: Petr, Carlo, Hilario

RB's: Belletti, Ivanovic

LB's: Bridgey, Ash

CB's: Riccy, JT, Alex, Ben-Haim

DM's: Mikel, Makelele (?)

CM's: Essien, Ballack, Frank, Nasri (+ SWP)

W: Joe, SWP, Kalou, Sinclair

F: Drogba, Anelka, Benzema, Di Santo (+ Kalou)

That squad gives us lots of choices for either 4-4-2 (flat and diamond), and 4-3-3.

Good post agree with most of that. To me SWP is an average winger, much better played centrally, and then preferably as a sub coming on. Kalou, from what I saw of the ACN is better than before.

As you say the lynch pin that we take for granted is Makalele, and will take some replacing. Strange as it may sound I wouldnt mind another top keeper. If Cech gets fucked again, although the cover is good , its not that reassuring.

The thing with Carlo is that he doesn't seem to get played in the cups any more like he did in Jose's first two seasons, so whenever we need him because of Cech's injuries - he's rusty as he hasn't played in months. Still a top keeper in my opinion, and if he gets a run of more than 2-3 games, he'd do fine.

Wouldn't hurt him to play in a reserve game once a month or so to keep him "match-fit" if you like.

Yup can't argue with any of that really David! Although as FB said i think SWP just isn't good enough for us as a winger and i would like to see someone better come in, to have Cole, Kalou, Sinclair + a new winger would be a nice blend providing the new player is top class!!!

Yup can't argue with any of that really David! Although as FB said i think SWP just isn't good enough for us as a winger and i would like to see someone better come in, to have Cole, Kalou, Sinclair + a new winger would be a nice blend providing the new player is top class!!!

Name one top winger though that would be available? I can't think of any.

Lol, Well we've over 250 scouts worldwide, so there should be some somewhere

With Joe Cole and Kalou both playing very well and established players we could afford to go an get someone younger who we can play semi-regular and allow them to become world class with us.