Luiz will make a better DMC

Dec

Wilson, why not? I accept your opinions if you backed them up but you just look a bit of a cunt (excuse my language) if you don't.

I agree Ramires isn't the best player as he is more effective to counter with and play a bit more advanced off the DMC on a potential double pivot with Essien or Luiz (who will be a DMC). I am worried about Essien's fitness and cannot see him lasting a full season again. Meireles is the same as Ramires but perhaps more of a box to box midfielder and McEachran is a deep lying playmaker and not someone to break up attacks. Romeu is promising but too young. That leaves Mikel (who we agree needs to go), Luiz or buy someone like De Rossi to fill the position.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson, why not? I accept your opinions if you backed them up but you just look a bit of a cunt (excuse my language) if you don't.

I agree Ramires isn't the best player as he is more effective to counter with and play a bit more advanced off the DMC on a potential double pivot with Essien or Luiz (who will be a DMC). I am worried about Essien's fitness and cannot see him lasting a full season again. Meireles is the same as Ramires but perhaps more of a box to box midfielder and McEachran is a deep lying playmaker and not someone to break up attacks. Romeu is promising but too young. That leaves Mikel (who we agree needs to go), Luiz or buy someone like De Rossi to fill the position.

Why not? I said why not in my last post.

"Ummm .......NO HE FUCKING WOULDNT!!!!"

That isn't exactly a good post on any level. I have apologised if this has been bought up before but I don't check this site often and a quick search didn't bring me to anything. While you may use the "I have 1400 posts, you have 30" mindset into it I would like to say I am the owner of a very large Football Manager fansite, so I am not a forum newbie or an idiot as you may think.

Not worth trying whilst we have Mikel, Meireles, McEachran, Romeu and Ramires. They are all options who can play CDM role but the best option is Essien or Ramires in my opinion. Mikel has to go to be honest.

Happy now? I'm sick of people saying he should play CDM when he is a defender, simple. Fair enough he's made mistakes, but he's young and everyone does. He's also been unlucky and still adjusting to the Premier League.

Sorry but that is not a reason why he wouldn't make a good one but listing a reason why we shouldn't try. Whilst I disagree that McEachran, Merieles and Ramires are holding midfielders anyway in which leaves Mikel and Romeu; neither should be playeing every week.

This isn't about mistakes but his playing style. He is young and still adjusting so it will be an easy swap when considering his player style and strongest points. Not only this but he is a defender however so was Drogba as a teenager, should he still be a DR? We have adjusted many players' positions in the past with Ivanovic and Gallas to DCs that have moved to the DR/DL position while at Chelsea and in my opinion as Ivanovic displayed against Bayer it is a different type of game on the wings not in the centre while Luiz has the key atttributes needed for a DMC.

Sorry but that is not a reason why he wouldn't make a good one but listing a reason why we shouldn't try. Whilst I disagree that McEachran, Merieles and Ramires are holding midfielders anyway in which leaves Mikel and Romeu; neither should be playeing every week.

This isn't about mistakes but his playing style. He is young and still adjusting so it will be an easy swap when considering his player style and strongest points. Not only this but he is a defender however so was Drogba as a teenager, should he still be a DR? We have adjusted many players' positions in the past with Ivanovic and Gallas to DCs that have moved to the DR/DL position while at Chelsea and in my opinion as Ivanovic displayed against Bayer it is a different type of game on the wings not in the centre while Luiz has the key atttributes needed for a DMC.

He's a defender, get over it. Any defender could adapt to CDM, we see it often with teams who have injured midfielders who play a CDM, just throwing them in the mix. Makes sense though and it usually does work.

He is a defender by trade yes but we have a month where we have to play Mikel or Romeu there if we don't adapt Luiz. As you said many defenders can do well there and Luiz is one of them players that will fit the bill perfectly and become a great player for us in that position, even if we play a slightly negative 5 man backline to give Boswinga/Ivanovic and Cole more freedom to go forward it is better than Mikel.

We might be able to use him, as we need some spark at the moment definitely, but i have to disagree with it, because we take him out of defence who do we have to replace him?, pretty much no one.

--------------Luiz------------

Bertrand - Terry - Alex - Iva

Helloooo??

Why not try that and if he proves to be more useful in that position obviousley buy a new CB. Actually we already need one to replace Terry.

We need at least one with Terry and Alex aging anyway. The way Ivanovic sometimes pulls to the centre gives me question marks on his position at DR so slide him across as back up then sell Boswinga and buy 2 DRs with Ivanovic there if needed.

---------------------------Torres

Mata------------------------------------------------------Sturridge

-----------Lampard--------------Merieles/Ramires

----------------------------Luiz--

Cole--------Terry---------------------Alex---------------Boswinga/Ivanovic/?

-------------------------Cech

That is how I would line us up with Merieles/Ramires covering for Luiz's forward runs, give Torres a run of 15 games or so and then depending on opposition alternate the more attacking Boswinga for the defensive Ivanovic.

--------------Luiz------------

Bertrand - Terry - Alex - Iva

Helloooo??

Why not try that and if he proves to be more useful in that position obviousley buy a new CB. Actually we already need one to replace Terry.

Helooo Terry and Alex are slow as hell.