Kitchee 0-4 Chelsea

Much improved performance, good to see AVB's philosophy finally coming through on the pitch, particulary with the pressing game. So good to see. The game against Villa will be a bigger test and will be good to see where we are at with our pre season.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much improved performance, good to see AVB's philosophy finally coming through on the pitch, particulary with the pressing game. So good to see. The game against Villa will be a bigger test and will be good to see where we are at with our pre season.

funny to see Drog pressing from their kick off ..caused a false start

Good performance yesterday, saw a lot of things I liked. Won't name all of them but I liked how played the ball around (very) quickly and found the wings quickly. Stretched their defence which created space for Benayoun and Lamps to move into. The fact that we played in a very attacking formation had a lot to do with it though. Zhirkov and Lampard were both CMs and we won't see something like that when it gets serious.

Lampard played in the role I thought/hoped he would play in this stage of his career, he played like a true CM. It was obvious to see Lamps can't handle a attackng role behind the the striker in a possession-based style. The deeper role gave him more time and space to do his thing and he performed well and played like I hoped we would. Now I can just hope he accepts the less attacking role and gets used to it as it will make him last longer.

Benayoun played very well as well but that was obvious for everybody to see so I won't say more about him.

But there's one thing which causes me to not get excited about our performance and that thing is the fact that we played against a poor, poor side. It was like they weren't even on the pitch.. The match vs Villa will give us a much clearer picture on how far we actually are.