The Way Forward

The first step has been taken with the bold appointment of our new coach . The movement of players in and out will perhaps give us an idea of

how things might progress. I'm not going to speculate on who might come in ,,,there are enough threads already dealing with that topic.

I do feel there is a general consensus of a minimum needs of 3 players a RB a creative midfielder and a right winger. to these I might add a back up keeper.

What I would like to raise is my desire to see more playing options.

I think we are likely to stick with 4 3 3 as our plan A . Over the last few years I feel there has been an absence of plan B when plan A wasnt

working ,,,too often substitutions were like for like ,unimaginative and unlikely to change the pattern. If a plan B did exist it was to hoof the

ball long and hope for the best.

One of Jose's great strengths was his ability to change the course of a game with his substitutions

I believe that a plan B should include a change of formation ...depending on the situation a switch to 4 4 2 .... 3 4 3.. 3 5 2 even 3 3 4.

Clubs have learned to park the bus guard against our strong attacking left side ,, Well changing the formation will present them with greater

problems ,

I believe with our older players there is a need for a greater degree of rotation , This would help to keep them more injury free ,,,fresher and

extend their playing career , It would serve to provide more opportunities for our younger players.

Senior players who could benefit from this policy are I believe Frank ,,Ash Ess and perhaps even JT.

Senior players could also play an odd game with reserves passing on their experience to the younger players.

Finally AVB needs to be provided with an assistant he can rely on and trust ,, No way does Emanalo fit this bill . He also needs full and

unreserved backing from Roman ,,theBoard ,, The Players and Fans ..

The first step has been taken ,hope it is a march to glory

KTBFFH

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first step has been taken with the bold appointment of our new coach . The movement of players in and out will perhaps give us an idea of

how things might progress. I'm not going to speculate on who might come in ,,,there are enough threads already dealing with that topic.

I do feel there is a general consensus of a minimum needs of 3 players a RB a creative midfielder and a right winger. to these I might add a back up keeper.

What I would like to raise is my desire to see more playing options.

I think we are likely to stick with 4 3 3 as our plan A . Over the last few years I feel there has been an absence of plan B when plan A wasnt

working ,,,too often substitutions were like for like ,unimaginative and unlikely to change the pattern. If a plan B did exist it was to hoof the

ball long and hope for the best.

One of Jose's great strengths was his ability to change the course of a game with his substitutions

I believe that a plan B should include a change of formation ...depending on the situation a switch to 4 4 2 .... 3 4 3.. 3 5 2 even 3 3 4.

Clubs have learned to park the bus guard against our strong attacking left side ,, Well changing the formation will present them with greater

problems ,

I believe with our older players there is a need for a greater degree of rotation , This would help to keep them more injury free ,,,fresher and

extend their playing career , It would serve to provide more opportunities for our younger players.

Senior players who could benefit from this policy are I believe Frank ,,Ash Ess and perhaps even JT.

Senior players could also play an odd game with reserves passing on their experience to the younger players.

Finally AVB needs to be provided with an assistant he can rely on and trust ,, No way does Emanalo fit this bill . He also needs full and

unreserved backing from Roman ,,theBoard ,, The Players and Fans ..

The first step has been taken ,hope it is a march to glory

KTBFFH

amen.