Kyle Walker

termninja

0,,10418%7E3514945,00.jpg

There really aren't many good and promising right backs around atm, and some of us would say we need one. I personally would like to keep Ivanovic on our right side because he's very good defensively and he has a decent cross. Some of you would say that he doesn't, but take a look at Ashely Cole. He played all of our matches and I can barely remember a good cross from him. Hell even Bertrand assisted to Malouda on the only match he played.

On the other hand, with all this talk about "sexy football" and new style of play, I do agree that Ivanovic wouldn't be the best option, but you can't simply start playing a different game out of nothing. It takes time, and switching your style of play fast is very risky.

That's when Kyle Walker comes in as my 1st choice for our right back. 21 only, good both in attack and defense, fast, already lives in London and wouldn't be too expensive. We could snatch him while he is still low on profile, or later when he replaces Hutton and Corluka when he'll be more expensive.

I know we haven't been linked with him, but I'm interested in your opinion on him.

Would you still go for Van der Wiel or would you rather take Walker?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I learned something, then that would be that everything is possible in football. It will be hard for Tottenham to reach CL now when we've got City, and Liverpool getting back too, thus meaning we've got a chance. He's young and ambitions and could be tempted. Besides that, he's still low profile and wouldn't cost THAT much. 10-15million max imo.

There really aren't many good and promising right backs around atm, and some of us would say we need one. I personally would like to keep Ivanovic on our right side because he's very good defensively and he has a decent cross. Some of you would say that he doesn't, but take a look at Ashely Cole. He played all of our matches and I can barely remember a good cross from him. Hell even Bertrand assisted to Malouda on the only match he played.

I'm going a little off topic here, but Bertand needs opportunities next season. He's at an age now where he could quite happily make the left back position his own. He has a tough task shifting Ashley Cole but he says that it's an honour to have him there as a mentor, so it will only improve his game if he is there guiding him.

I hear what you're saying about Kyle Walker though. I think we need someone who is a gifted right-sided player, and someone who, not only can defend but also get forward at conveniant times where necessary.

Quite frankly, we had the chance to keep Glen Johnson at the club, but we never allowed him the chances because of Ferreira's participation (later Bosingwa) and we loaned him to Portsmouth, which turned into a permanent deal. We even had the chance to buy him back from Portsmouth and we never did. Instead he went to Liverpool.

You're right though, finding a decent right back these days is very difficult. I mean, even Van der Wiel is seeing bad moments at Ajax, when everyone thought he had a relatively good World Cup in South Africa, so it's hard to decipher. It's really hard to determine how well Kyle Walker would do for Chelsea if they don't have a registered interest in the player. I've heard a lot of good things about him though.

I think we can still get him, i've seen him play lots of times, and i've always been impressed, the thing is with many fullbacks, there either good offensively, or there good defensively, Walker is lethal at both, he's strong, clever, fast, knows how to tackle, his crosses are always dangerous, and who can forget that long ball he made to Bent against Arsenal. he turned 21 on the 28th of may, instead of us making suggestions about Van Der Wiel, i think we should be going more for this fella. By the way anyone been impressed with that Taarbt from QPR?, he's just turned 22 in may, and he's been brilliant for QPR last season, no doubt he was a big part of it for them getting promotion. Having the most assists and being 4th top goal scorer. I can see him being a big target next season in the premier league.

What you guys think of Kyle naughton, also a spud?

I know him because he went on loan to Middlesbrough, where i live. And i believe he was pretty decent for replacing Justin Hoyte at the time.

Exactly what everyone said. He's a great right-back, but he's a Spurs player & they won't sell to us. Especially after he impressed at Villa this season. He's better than f*cking Hutton, they should make him their next no. 2.

Still think Billy Clifford could be just as good. Even Todd Kane, who's got a great right-foot on him!

I think we can still get him, i've seen him play lots of times, and i've always been impressed, the thing is with many fullbacks, there either good offensively, or there good defensively, Walker is lethal at both, he's strong, clever, fast, knows how to tackle, his crosses are always dangerous, and who can forget that long ball he made to Bent against Arsenal. he turned 21 on the 28th of may, instead of us making suggestions about Van Der Wiel, i think we should be going more for this fella. By the way anyone been impressed with that Taarbt from QPR?, he's just turned 22 in may, and he's been brilliant for QPR last season, no doubt he was a big part of it for them getting promotion. Having the most assists and being 4th top goal scorer. I can see him being a big target next season in the premier league.

think he scored less than Sinclair ,,,might be worth asking Swansea to release him

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You