Hello

Hi There

I'm hoping to take a trip down to Stamford Bridge next week to register myself as a member to the best club of all. Can anyone offer me any tips on becoming a supporter? I've had a look at the different packages on offer and can't decide on which one to go for? Also I've never been to a football match in my life, so i'd appreicate any guidance anyone can offer about going to match, what to do during the game etc...

Look forward to hearing from you all

Edited by newfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome

and i wouldent suggest paying for one of those member packages unless you want priority tickets to the games (depending on the package) because other than that i dont see the point, if your a Chelsea fan then your a Chelsea fan.

OK Thanks for that. I've heard that if you don't register as a member you may not get tickets at all as only a small handful go on sale to the general public, that's what I've been told by someone else. I believe the basic package is for the priority tickets is £25, I think I read somewhere that entitles you to £5 of the ticket price which I think £48 is the most expensive.

Chelsea tickets sell out fast these days, becoming a member is a good way to ensure tickets its not bad for a one off payment to get priority to tickets, and the magazine for free if you're interested in that. If you're serious about going to games alot then I recommend you do get one.

You can buy them online from the Chelsea website which saves you a trip of going there if its far.

Welcome to the forum its always nice to see new fans :D

Cheers mate, I think that probably is the best way to get tickets is to be a member. How long does the membership last for, is it from August till May next year. Do the club give you some sort of introudction pack as I'm completly new to being a football fan and have never followed the game in my life. I'm also thinking about going on one of the tours. I really want o soak up the atmosphere and try and understand what it's all about

Welcome, welcome.

The 2009/10 membership will last throughout next season, and expires on the 31st of May. It gives you priority access to tickets and also £5 off, which is great in the long run. The club do offer a sort of introduction pack to Chelsea in the form of a more expensive membership package, but these are generally quite poor in all honesty; there isn't all that much in there.

If you're new to the club I would suggest that for your first few games that you sit in the West Stand or East Stand just so you can get the feel of the stadium, and then venture towards the more atmospheric Shed End and Matthew Harding Stand as you become a little more confident in going to Chelsea matches.

Ok thanks for that, I'll think i'll go for the basic package then. Sounds like good advice regarding where to sit. I was told by someone to sit the Shed End, but i'll think i'll wiait untill I've been to a few matches before I progress there. What's the catering like at the club?

The catering isn't too bad; there are a selection of warm and cold drinks available in the kiosks, and of course your traditional football foods; sausage rolls, burgers, pies, hot dogs... all for a decent price as well. Its in London so of course its more expensive than other grounds, but I think the food isn't too bad at all and the decent prices and quality of the catering at the Bridge far exceeds that of other grounds in the capital, such as the Emirates or even Wembley. There are obviously burger vans around the stadium as well, and if you don't fancy any of that, there's a nice little Marks and Spencers about a mile down the Fulham Road from the ground where they do a rather nice Chicken and Stuffing sandwich ;)

Are there any other tips that you can offer? I want to buy a home shirt. Are there any rituals that you perform before, throughout and after the game. I'm learning about the different chants. Is Carefree the most chanted or are there others that are used on a regular basis?

Home shirts are about £40.

Carefree is a popular chant if you are reading about the chants then you will more than likely hear them in a game and be able to join in.

Have you got a friend that you could go with or are you going alone?

Thanks, I think it'll be a case of learn on the day and join in when appropriate. I'll probably be going on my own, I don't really know any other Chelsea Supporters, although I probably do, but have never enquired due to my previous lack of interest in the game. I'm thinking of going to one of the friendlies in July, one of the ones on Saturday, maybe the one against AC Milan. Do you think that would be a good match?

The AC Milan game is taking place in America, if you're looking to go to a friendly game you're probably better going to the Reading game. Its taking place in Reading but a friendly game is a good way to get introduced to the game

Ah, I thought it said H and I thought that meant it was a home match. When is the Reading match? What times kickoff? Also being an away match, should I buy an away shirt?

Edited by newfan

There's no need to buy away shirts for away matches, you can wear any shirt you like. tbh you dont even need to buy a shirt but if you want to then its upto you.

The game is Saturday 1 August 3pm