Mbaye Diagne

the wes

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People complain about average players like Alonso, Willian, Morata, Barkley, Emerson etc in the squad/first 11 but then want us to sign an absolutely bang average player in a position we need to buy geniune quality in. Jesus christ. He is not even better than Giroud by the looks of it. Well who's next Andros Townsend for RW followed by Fabian Delph for LB?

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

People complain about average players like Alonso, Willian, Morata, Barkley, Emerson etc in the squad/first 11 but then want us to sign an absolutely bang average player in a position we need to buy geniune quality in. Jesus christ. He is not even better than Giroud by the looks of it. Well who's next Andros Townsend for RW followed by Fabian Delph for LB?

no one suggested him as the starter

and tbh

he probably is better NOW than the cart horse Giroud

hell, Glenn Murray is better now

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

People here often have these "grass is greener on the other side" type of opinions when it comes to new players. They like the idea of someone new coming and it blinds how average they actualy are. 

Once they come here and play bad, people finaly lose those blindfolds and realise how shit player we bought is. 

I could care less if this dude is going to be our 2nd, 3rd, 4th striker or vitesse loanee. 

As long the board buys a f*cking top quality striker because we need one damnit. We are absolutely shite at finishing. Every other top team has more quality in attack. 

31 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

People here often have these "grass is greener on the other side" type of opinions

I think sometimes mate supporters in general get fixated on supporting certain players over the team in general.

There may be time that a fan fave COULD be replaced with someone not at our level of a club but it works out better for the team in general,

I;m USUALLY of a mind to buy the best/ player in that position which sadly means probably the most expensive,

But in the past year or t Ive become much more open to buying the young highly skilled player with lots of potential.

But we also do need that big name to add the touch of class and experience,

We need a good balance.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But in the past year or t Ive become much more open to buying the young highly skilled player with lots of potential.

But we also do need that big name to add the touch of class and experience,

We need a good balance.

This.  So much this.   This type of balance is so key to getting the best out the squad.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

no one suggested him as the starter

and tbh

he probably is better NOW than the cart horse Giroud

hell, Glenn Murray is better now

Hardly. Talk about overexageration. Be another poor stop gap average signing, like Remy, like Pato, guys who were never even good enough and a waste of tine.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hardly. Talk about overexageration. Be another poor stop gap average signing, like Remy, like Pato, guys who were never even good enough and a waste of tine.

OneMo, come on mate, Giroud is utter crap at this point. Surely that is not a controversial statement.

This bloke is 5 years younger too, and is (I admit Süper Lig is not a big 5, but it is equal to the Championship, or close) scoring goals at a truly crazy pace, 20 goals in 17 games. £10 or £15m might be worth a punt, as a decent backup option.

Morata and Giroud have to go. We are not the French National team who have and will have the greatest collection of wingers ever in football history (not even close, especially if Sane switches over from Germany) to carry him.

48 minutes ago, Vesper said:

OneMo, come on mate, Giroud is utter crap at this point. Surely that is not a controversial statement.

This bloke is 5 years younger too, and is (I admit Süper Lig is not a big 5, but it is equal to the Championship, or close) scoring goals at a truly crazy pace, 20 goals in 17 games. £10 or £15m might be worth a punt, as a decent backup option.

Morata and Giroud have to go. We are not the French National team who have and will have the greatest collection of wingers ever in football history (not even close, especially if Sane switches over from Germany) to carry him.

And when he underperforms will you call for his head like Willian? Or Alonso? Or the others? Hes a pointless signing unless its purely to make a profit on which is stupid when we severly lack upfront as it is. We need quality, not squad players, which readibg othet posts on here regarding Willian, Alonso, Ross etc from yourself I thought you understood?

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

And when he underperforms will you call for his head like Willian? Or Alonso? Or the others? Hes a pointless signing unless its purely to make a profit on which is stupid when we severly lack upfront as it is.

I would never expect him to be a starter. I am not even saying I rate him a buy. That doesn't change the fact that we literally have the worst strikers of any top 20 football on the planet and le cheval de trait français (Giroud) is a big part of that fail.

My calling for Willian and Alonso off and out is the most easily defended stance I have ever taken here in the last year.

They are by far, far far, the two worst non-striker starters we have. Massive, team-wrecking weak points.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

I would never expect him to be a starter. I am not even saying I rate him a buy. That doesn't change the fact that we literally have the worst strikers of any top 20 football on the planet and le cheval de trait français (Giroud) is a big part of that fail.

My calling for Willian and Alonso off and out is the most easily defended stance I have ever taken here in the last year.

They are by far, far far, the two worst non-striker starters we have. Massive, team-wrecking weak points.

Again, the priority is the first 11. A top 9, LB, RW should all be top of the list

This guy isnt first 11 quality. He probably isnt at the level Morata Batshuayi or Giroud are.

Similar case to last January, look at Tosun Cenk who Everton signed from Turkish league with similar or better stats,  big fish small pond.

32 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again, the priority is the first 11. A top 9, LB, RW should all be top of the list

This guy isnt first 11 quality. He probably isnt at the levelnMorata Batshuayi or Giroud are.

Similar case to last Januaey, look at Tosun Cenk who Everton signed from Turkish league with similar or better stats,  big fish small pond.

I can see your point, I was just jumping in as thsi little tiny deal might be worth the teenie splash to fix backup striker. It is hardly my main focus (I didn't start the topic btw)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You