test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,707 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Did Puli ever play that role? Does he have any creativity ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

According to transfermarkt 31 games as AM 11 goals, 12 assists. As RW almost same stats but with more than 50 games. 

killer1257 likes this

His performance yesterday didn't really surprise me, he's been a lot sharper since Arsenal and even a few games before that there were positive signs he was really starting to retain sharpness again. It was quite fitting this was the fixture he fully exploded back to life given it was this same one that crippled him last year.

The most exciting thing yesterday for me was his chemistry with James, the more academy prospects get in and mature we will see relationships like that form all over the pitch.

communicate, DDA, Strike and 1 other like this

On 12/01/2020 at 8:05 AM, Tomo said:

His performance yesterday didn't really surprise me, he's been a lot sharper since Arsenal and even a few games before that there were positive signs he was really starting to retain sharpness again. It was quite fitting this was the fixture he fully exploded back to life given it was this same one that crippled him last year.

The most exciting thing yesterday for me was his chemistry with James, the more academy prospects get in and mature we will see relationships like that form all over the pitch.

His first few involvements after coming on against Bournemouth were poor but after that he posed a real thereat to them. Pretty much the only time we did in that game.

Tomo likes this

32 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

His first few involvements after coming on against Bournemouth were poor but after that he posed a real thereat to them. Pretty much the only time we did in that game.

Yes I agree mate but what a lot of ppl forget is that he's coming back from a really serious injury, he needs time and care to get back to his real self, needs to get his confidence back and his match fitness.

18 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Yes I agree mate but what a lot of ppl forget is that he's coming back from a really serious injury, he needs time and care to get back to his real self, needs to get his confidence back and his match fitness.

I think you've used the most important word - confidence.

In youth football, where there was no doubt in his mind that he was a star, Callum made different, and better, choices. I'm not talking about the fact that he is obviously more likely to succeed in whatever he tries against a lower level of opponent. That's obviously true, but I'm referring to his decisions. At junior level, he would almost always make the right decision between ambitious pass, simple pass, dribble or shot, He knew he was a superior player and he just played with a swagger. At first team level he has played like a man with something to prove and he has more often made bad decisions in my opinion. This has created a self-propelling downward spiral of bad outcomes, bad reactions, and greater sense of something to prove.

One of Callum's great assets is his passing. When he's at it he has great rage and weight, but this has been absent for much of his first team career. It has begun to show up in recent games but only in glimpses. If he can get to a place where he feels he belongs, where he isn't hearing groans from the crowd, then he'll be able to give of his best. He will no longer be switching between not trying anything and trying too much. He'll be able to make the right decisions as often as he did in development football. Only then will we be able to judge if Callum can transfer his youth level dominance to the big stage.

For the record, I have hope for Callum but, until he unlocks the best of himself, and we can judge the real CHO, the jury is out for me.

I was very happy to see him attacking. When he has confidence, he is a different player than what we have seen for the last month. Once he is past the mental part of his injury, he is going to be a special player.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:25 AM, killer1257 said:

Did Puli ever play that role? Does he have any creativity ?

He played there for us in one game, can't remember against whom. It was early and he came as sub. He can play as no 10 no problem, he is pretty much a between the line guy

bigbluewillie likes this

I agree about his passing being good. Loved that pass wide to James last week!

I could be wrong, but I don't think he quite has the top level pace or trickery to be a top winger. I can see him developing into more of an inside forward as time goes on.

52 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think tonight he was worse then Willian. 

Having him was like having one less man. 

What? CHO was actually good in the first half but faded in the second half. Willian was being Willian, nothing new there. 

El P., NikkiCFC and Tomo like this

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

What? CHO was actually good in the first half but faded in the second half. 

There must be a grudge still there because of the contract situation, that's the only thing I can think of.

killer1257 likes this

Still needs some work, but thought he was our best player last night.

There must be a grudge still there because of the contract situation, that's the only thing I can think of.
People like to hate on CHO and Tammy.
I also thought that CHO was one of the best Players. Especially his defensive contribution has gotten better big time

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

People like to hate on CHO and Tammy.

So it is okay for people to praise young players when they are doing things right but when people criticize young players for not doing things right, they are immediately branded as haters? :lol: 

It's ironic that you are acting all high and mighty here when you have criticized another young player in Mount before. 

So it is okay for people to praise young players when they are doing things right but when people criticize young players for not doing things right, they are immediately branded as haters?  
It's ironic that you are acting all high and mighty here when you have criticized another young player in Mount before. 

CHO was decent against Arsenal and people were slaughtering him for no reason. That is just annoying

If CHO played bad, I would have posted my criticism here also. But he did not play bad

About Mount, you can also read some positive Comments about him in his thread when he was immense for us.

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

About Mount, you can also read some positive Comments about him in his thread when he was immense for us.

Yes but don't pretend like you never went after Mount when his form dipped. 

Yes but don't pretend like you never went after Mount when his form dipped. 
I never said that to begin with. I just said that people like to hate on CHO even though he played good.

What blows my mind away is that experienced players like Rüdiger never get such Comments even tough they do a lot of mistakes. CHO playes good and gets disgusting comments