Is the Title Now Assured for Chelsea

James

Prior to last weekend, Chelsea seemed certain to lift the EPL title during Antonio Conte’s first season in charge at the Bridge. A surprise 2-1 defeat at home to relegation-threatened Crystal Palace seemed to cast doubt on the Blues’ procession, however, especially as second place Tottenham won at Burnley to close the gap to seven […]

View the full article

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. If I'm not wrong, City lost to Arsenal away on this exact date 5 years ago in the 11-12 season and United looked poised to win the title, yet I remember that they started to bottle it by drawing at 4-4 vs Everton among others, and City won all their remaining games. Make no mistake, at least a draw is highly likely against the ''small'' teams we have to play against, and Tottenham just look so damn strong that you almost wish season-ending injuries to all their vital players for reassurance. I can see them winning all their remaining games as it looks right now.

If our rivals was Liverpool, City or United I would have said no. 

Since we got Spurs, weak mentality shown in Europe, it's over. They are no threat as they will drop points. They will not win every game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 5:24 PM, Mana said:

"Is the Title Now Assured for Chelsea?"

No. The answer is no. There is still time for us to drop points. Yes, I can't see us losing it from here but I don't want this attitude of "The league is ours now. Curtains." This attitude is what made us lose to Crystal Palace last weekend, which Spuds took advantage of. 

Until it's mathematically impossible for Spuds/City/Liverpool to catch us, the league isn't ours and we have to continue to fight for it. We still got to go to Goodison and Old Trafford. Keep that in mind.

People freaking out over Spurs when you guys have not learn that they have weak mentality.....

Mentioned that if it was United or maybe City or Liverpool I might be more worried. 

Especially United since they also have a winners mentality. 

But Spurs have shown over last season and this entire season by going out of CL and EL to be weak mentality. 

Was never a team to worry about as they was bound to screw it up. 

19 minutes ago, Mana said:

They lost one game and all in a sudden they have "weak mentality".

They don't. A loss can happen to any team during a race. Especially against a London rival. Think about it when a certain team in blue lost to Crystal Palace.

I hate Spuds with a passion but they kept going even after we beat them in the FA Cup. If they had weak mentality, the league would have been ours last weekend or even last month.

And let's beat Middlesbrough first before saying this, because eggs will be flying on your post if we don't.

Weak mentality when they go out of CL group stage, then can't do anything on EL. 

A team never to take serious. Not today and not tomorrow till proven otherwise. 

More then likely next season United, City and Liverpool get their act straighten out before they win anything. 

2 hours ago, Mana said:

You might be worried about Liverpool even though they did the exact same thing many times above??

Spuds closed our 10 point gap to 4 and stopped us from winning it early. Beating US in the league, Arsenal, Palace, Everton and Burnley (Turf Moor) along the way on their final push for the title.

Having the league's 2nd best goalscorer, and the league's Young Player of the Year banging in goals for fun.

Spuds certainly showed fight and character against Palace, who did their very best to stop Spuds. You are kidding yourself if you never thought at one point, "Crap, they may actually take this to the final day".

It's easier to go "They're never a serious team" now because they lost a hard game to WH, but then again - who was more serious than Spuds to take the title from us? 2nd year in a row they were in the hunt. No other club has done this since 2014/15.

Are they GOOD enough to win the league? That's a different question entirely and I would say no at this point. But the potential is there, you can't deny that.

The potential was there as well for other teams like Arsenal in the past. Where Arsenal had a young team and it was always next year.... 

They will become like Arsenal a soft team that caves under pressure unless they get proven experience winners in the summer.

And no its not easier to say they're never a serious team because the loss against West ham. If you check my comments I been saying that for a while. 

There was never a worried in my mind when our competition was Spurs. 

I repeat if it was against united then I will be more cautious. But a Spurs that loses to Leicester in the league last season and then this season dissappear in the CL and El, then yeah weak mentality.