test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jim

Is the Title Now Assured for Chelsea

Started by Jim,

Prior to last weekend, Chelsea seemed certain to lift the EPL title during Antonio Conte’s first season in charge at the Bridge. A surprise 2-1 defeat at home to relegation-threatened Crystal Palace seemed to cast doubt on the Blues’ procession, however, especially as second place Tottenham won at Burnley to close the gap to seven […]

View the full article

"Is the Title Now Assured for Chelsea?"

No. The answer is no. There is still time for us to drop points. Yes, I can't see us losing it from here but I don't want this attitude of "The league is ours now. Curtains." This attitude is what made us lose to Crystal Palace last weekend, which Spuds took advantage of. 

Until it's mathematically impossible for Spuds/City/Liverpool to catch us, the league isn't ours and we have to continue to fight for it. We still got to go to Goodison and Old Trafford. Keep that in mind.

Johnnyeye likes this

No. If I'm not wrong, City lost to Arsenal away on this exact date 5 years ago in the 11-12 season and United looked poised to win the title, yet I remember that they started to bottle it by drawing at 4-4 vs Everton among others, and City won all their remaining games. Make no mistake, at least a draw is highly likely against the ''small'' teams we have to play against, and Tottenham just look so damn strong that you almost wish season-ending injuries to all their vital players for reassurance. I can see them winning all their remaining games as it looks right now.

it will be funny if chelsea lose the tittle

please, stop saying that we already won the league. STOP

7 points is not too much. especially in premierleague.

If our rivals was Liverpool, City or United I would have said no. 

Since we got Spurs, weak mentality shown in Europe, it's over. They are no threat as they will drop points. They will not win every game.