What can you tell me about London?

Eden Hazardous

We colonised the world properly. We didn't keep it a secret. We put our flag in the ground and fucked up anyone that wanted to argue it. America are all secretive and quiet about it, fat fucking pussies. :Goober:

Not to mention all the convicts that were sent over to Australia were starving Irish and English people that had their potatos stolen by the English government. I'm not sure if you know this but the majority of Australians aren't related to convicts, the immigration of non-convicted peoples after the first few fleets dwarfed the amount of criminals that were sent over. I'm not related to any convicts as my relations immigrated to Australia far after England stopped sending convicts to Austalia.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some early history if anyone cares.

Established early on after the Roman conquest. Named londinium

Well situated for trade with mainland Roman Europe.

When the army was campaigning north , the defenders were routed by celtic rebels who razed the city , which has left a black layer in the soil which I have seen.

It was quickly rebuilt and remained an important location, a wall was built to fortify the area against hostile enemies

However it was never capital at this point (Colchester I think) , became capital around 12th century

Some early history if anyone cares.

Established early on after the Roman conquest. Named londinium

Well situated for trade with mainland Roman Europe.

When the army was campaigning north , the defenders were routed by celtic rebels who razed the city , which has left a black layer in the soil which I have seen.

It was quickly rebuilt and remained an important location, a wall was built to fortify the area against hostile enemies

However it was never capital at this point (Colchester I think) , became capital around 12th century

Didn't The Conquerer make it [London] the capital after defeating the Anglo-Saxon King Harold? At least I know he was crowned there. Funny that the first people to finally unite England were defeated and conquered so soon afterwards.

England; conquered by Germans and subsequently conquered by French Vikings.

Australia and England are both overweight countries but aren't morbidly obese. I'm not the most in shape guy, but I'm not obese by any means, to be frank. The amount of obese people I've seen in the states is ridiculous. And to top it off Mexican children all seem to be fat as all fuck. America, Mexico and American Samoa all have land whales.

That's cos they all eat Taco Bell and Burritos and Fajitas.

Didn't The Conquerer make it [London] the capital after defeating the Anglo-Saxon King Harold? At least I know he was crowned there. Funny that the first people to finally unite England were defeated and conquered so soon afterwards.

England; conquered by Germans and subsequently conquered by French Vikings.

Not sure on the details

But yes those french vikings , don't like them. I'm an anglo saxon fan , I can speak their language. I would have preferred harald to beat Harold and become king over william, who ive always seen as lucky and a bit overrated

Not sure on the details

But yes those french vikings , don't like them. I'm an anglo saxon fan , I can speak their language. I would have preferred harald to beat Harold and become king over william, who ive always seen as lucky and a bit overrated

No William, no England, no English language. That taxing system and Doomesday Book gave England financial and political stability.

No William, no England, no English language. That taxing system and Doomesday Book gave England financial and political stability.

True , but late anglo saxon England was well governed and had a sound financial system, the coinage system was unmatched in western Europe at the turn of the millennium.

The introduction of norman french obviously had a big effect , but much of the key vocabulary was already in place , like family words , colours , animals , jobs

True , but late anglo saxon England was well governed and had a sound financial system, the coinage system was unmatched in western Europe at the turn of the millennium.

The introduction of norman french obviously had a big effect , but much of the key vocabulary was already in place , like family words , colours , animals , jobs

You used several French words just stating that. ;)

Typical English slag: "Oi luv, howsabout I give ya a cheeky wankjob behind Nandos? Wanked off all yer mates, they a luv a bit of it"

Too eloquent.

I could slap you for how horrifically historically incorrect the second part of this statement is, but as Guillaume is my second-favourite English monarch I'll allow this to slide.

Too eloquent.

I could slap you for how horrifically historically incorrect the second part of this statement is, but as Guillaume is my second-favourite English monarch I'll allow this to slide.

Whatever. Excuse me for not polishing up on my 11th century English history in a few years. Fucking insufferable cunt.

Sorry. It's just a rare chance to discuss history on here. And that's all I want to do with my life , other than watch chelsea

History if fun. I haven't been reading much concerning history over the last few months, I should buy some books.

You're Mexican? Mexican's are alright. I went to Mexico once. It was hot.

Well...I was born in the USA, lived in Mexico for a few years when I was young, now I'm in the USA. I'm 20 so I've been in the USA about 17 of my 20 years.

But, yes, very hot lol.

Australia and England are both overweight countries but aren't morbidly obese. I'm not the most in shape guy, but I'm not obese by any means, to be frank. The amount of obese people I've seen in the states is ridiculous. And to top it off Mexican children all seem to be fat as all fuck. America, Mexico and American Samoa all have land whales.

LMAO at the Mexicans part. That is so true, Mexican children who move to the states are always fat. It's sad. The amount of obese people here is insane, it bothers me, but motivates me, to stay in relatively decent shape.